• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
i'd have pyramid upto a weight, then maybe stayed at max a few, then back down personally...

whats the benefit you see in staying at the same weight for all those sets? and what was the warmup?

cheers

i'd have pyramid upto a weight, then maybe stayed at max a few, then back down personally...

whats the benefit you see in staying at the same weight for all those sets? and what was the warmup?

cheers
It's called volume. Increase the weight next session.

you still haven't told us your warmup? did you just lift this raw bones? and do just that?

if you did, i can't think of anything worse for the body to start the first 2 sets... just trying to help man.

maybe you can learn too?

Last edited:
It's called volume. Increase the weight next session.

so 140 whatever was the top? or you did all sets of that?

increased volume means steadily increase to a weight, yet your post says, you did every 12x4 at that weight???

trust me, i know what volume is for real. not talking on the phone or bs pauses, legit volume.

Did some BB glute bridges today, had never really tried them before. Feels like a great exercise, quite glute-specific, think I will include them.

Have had great workouts this week, albeit at a slightly reduced volume. Mentally it feels like the pressure's off, have been a little more flexible with exercise choice etc, makes things a little more fun. Weights have been good but only hitting everything once. PB Sumo DL today which is encouraging given I've only recently increased carbs a little. Hopefully got some super-compensation gains coming....

Only abs and a little delts today. Thought I'd see where standing BBMP was at. Fail @100, fail @ 90, fail @ 80, 3 @ 70, 1@ 75. Disappoint, although haven't BBMP'd for a couple of months. Start @ 80 next time.