• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Weightlifting shoes

Need to buy squat shoes.

Can anyone comment on difference in quality between the QWA ones and the Do Wins?

Or any other brands that might be suitable?

Cheers,

Aaron.

I have the QWA's, no experience with the do-wins. QWA's work but are a pretty cheap shoe quality wise, and their heel is a mile high.

I got them off a ebay dealer in the UK. Was cheaper from them at the time. I paid just over $200 a year ago when dynamic-eleiko had them at $179US If I remember correctly it was about $30US for the shipping. Just chuck them an email.

I just ordered a new pair of ristos yesterday... was gonna customs make them hot pink and blur but couldnt justify the extray $50 just to make them stand out like dogs nuts... still bright blue will do.

I have the QWA ones, Oli is right the heel is pretty high, think its about 3cm. I havent used do wins but I prefer the QWA ones over adidas shoes, prefer them alot.

Need to buy squat shoes.

Can anyone comment on difference in quality between the QWA ones and the Do Wins?

Or any other brands that might be suitable?

Cheers,

Aaron.

I've got Do Wins and my training partner has one's from Underground Elite which I think are similar to QWA's.

Do Wins have a lower heel, QWA's have an extra metatarsal strap.

Both have the same lining on the bottom.

Neither look like they will fall apart any time soon and they both do fine. If I were to buy again I'd get the ones from Underground because the Do Wins are more expensive now. If I was going to spend $140 on shoes I'd spend $60 more and get a better brand.

Ok, i just ordered a pair of the QWA shoes.
I bought size 43 euro. I'm size 44 (10 aus) in volleys etc but bought them a bit tighter. don't want things slipping around underneath me.

I hope they arent too tight!!!

Ok, i just ordered a pair of the QWA shoes.
I bought size 43 euro. I'm size 44 (10 aus) in volleys etc but bought them a bit tighter. don't want things slipping around underneath me.

I hope they arent too tight!!!
same ones i bought, buying slightly smaller size, good idea i think.

Markos, I want some shoes in size 8 - the ones I borrowed off Max at PR1 were perfect. Just let me know how much $ to deposit.