• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Weightlifting shoes

Ordered my QWA shoes today after stressing about sizing for a week (decided to go 1/2 size smaller).

Can't wait to get them, they even look more professional than cons!

I got my shoes 1-1.5 sizes smaller. They were really tight at the start, fit pretty good now, still a lil snug though. They should fit like a glove after a few more months of wearing them.

whats the rule with sizes? i've heard you really need to try some on to find the ideal size. i don't have the luxury of being able to do this!!

if it helps i'm a EURO 44

whats the rule with sizes? i've heard you really need to try some on to find the ideal size. i don't have the luxury of being able to do this!!

Most guys like to go half a size smaller (or one euro size smaller) for a tighter fit and less movement in the shoe.

If your shoes have always been big that might be a good idea, if not just order them in your regular size.

Most guys like to go half a size smaller (or one euro size smaller) for a tighter fit and less movement in the shoe.

If your shoes have always been big that might be a good idea, if not just order them in your regular size.

cheers for the info oli, i'll go try on all my shoes and make up my mind which way i go :p

I just bought a pair of Do-Wins today, I'm normally a size 8 but size 7's or 40 euro fit well. A bit snug but that's probably a good thing. Can't wait to squat in them.

They ain't pretty though, lol!

Mine have sparkles. :/

But can't wait to squat in them, chucks are only ok to a point...

What's everyone's thoughts on deadlifting in shoes with a heel? Am I better off putting the chucks on for DL's or does it not matter?

Mine have sparkles. :/

But can't wait to squat in them, chucks are only ok to a point...

What's everyone's thoughts on deadlifting in shoes with a heel? Am I better off putting the chucks on for DL's or does it not matter?

Ahhh!

Generally most people deadlift better in flat soles/barefoot because theres more recruitment of the posterior chain.

Very few will wear slippers with Sumo style, like mac said, very flimsy.

No dramas with conventional style though

Need to buy squat shoes.

Can anyone comment on difference in quality between the QWA ones and the Do Wins?

Or any other brands that might be suitable?

Cheers,

Aaron.