• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

ufc 181

im starting to think this isn't just specific to shaub, its a message to everyone.

you can't be a real fighter unless you start early, and live and breath it.

*cough* cm punk, brock lesnar

Not if they're in their prime or improving. Joe was making the point that Schaub is probably past his prime and has nothing much to gain from risking his health. I don't agree with him and think Schaub still has plenty of good fights in him.

Any fighter no matter how good is risking their health and life every time they go out there, some more than others obviously.

All it takes it one well placed punch and any of them could be in big trouble. Every fighter is taking a risk.

and its not only the risk of the fight, shaub is training once a week, sparring with carwin...

thats how you get long term damage...

im starting to think this isn't just specific to shaub, its a message to everyone.

you can't be a real fighter unless you start early, and live and breath it.

*cough* cm punk, brock lesnar

Brock lesnar was heavy weight champ. Not the best example.

There is a difference between a fighter in his prime getting KOed and someone over the hill getting KOed. Look at Chuck Liddell. In his last fight against Franklin, he got knocked out with a punch that he would have ate earlier in his career. A fighter only has so many KOs they can eat.

I think Schaub was used as an example for all fighters. To consider life after fighting.

And Joe always says that if you're a bit unsure on fighting or not taking it 100% seriously, get out. Because they are a long list of guys who are.

on his 2nd fight? and mir was his first? how was that a match? fixed.

Nope. Won it on his third UFC fight and defended it twice in a row. Still an equal ufc heavyweight record I think. Hardly a failure. Lol.

Lesnar is a one of a kind example though. He had a serious wrestling background and was genetically gifted. At the time the heavyweight division was probably the weakest it had ever been. He won the belt from Randy who is barely a heavyweight and was in his late 40s. Once the new breed came through (Velasquez), it was a bit of a mismatch.

There is a difference between a fighter in his prime getting KOed and someone over the hill getting KOed. Look at Chuck Liddell. In his last fight against Franklin, he got knocked out with a punch that he would have ate earlier in his career. A fighter only has so many KOs they can eat.

I think Schaub was used as an example for all fighters. To consider life after fighting.

And Joe always says that if you're a bit unsure on fighting or not taking it 100% seriously, get out. Because they are a long list of guys who are.

Any fighter is risking their health and like I said some more than others. I don't know what you are trying to argue. No KO or punch to the head is without damage.

Lol at the chuck Liddell example. Almost word for word off the podcast.

Also Fuck what rogan says about anything.

Lesnar is a one of a kind example though. He had a serious wrestling background and was genetically gifted. At the time the heavyweight division was probably the weakest it had ever been. He won the belt from Randy who is barely a heavyweight and was in his late 40s. Once the new breed came through (Velasquez), it was a bit of a mismatch.

Carwin was hardly a pushover.

I'm not doubting lesnars background, CT was using him as an example of a failure. Hardly.

you mean he was the most roided fighter to ever venture ufc?

dude id prolly beat brock in a fight. gtfo. he's not legit. and he's been roided since he was 15