• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

ufc 181

Not really. I'm 15 minutes in but schuab said that he told them he didn't want an attack on his career but knew rogan wanted to tell him a couple of things but it was never intended to go as hard as he did.

He said he had no problem with what rogan said, they are still great friends but he disagrees with his opinion.

Schuab had the option to not put the podcast up and but he wanted it up.

It's pretty funny schuab said he didn't talk through the podcast because he was trying hard not to cry. He seems pretty upbeat about it.

So I guess it is another case of everyone else being outraged and offended on someone else's behalf (Shaub's) causing all these issues, instead of just seeing what the person who the segment was about had to say about it.....

All well that ends well.

Might be a few home truths which Brendan needs to either retire and be happy where he is or really go away and work on things and come back a better fighter?

He apparently has no plans of retiring or going to bellator if the UFC obviously wants to keep him.

He knows the risks but wants to keep going.

Personally I still think rogan is a nob.

Yeah I think Rogans popularity has gone to his head a bit...

In saying this do you disagree with what he said or his opinion of Brendan?

Yeah I think Rogans popularity has gone to his head a bit...

In saying this do you disagree with what he said or his opinion of Brendan?

Both.

In regards to brendan he could say the same thing to basically everyone in MMA apart from the top few in every devision.

true but I guess when you talk about someone not being upto to some tend to show a lot more potential then others so with training can improve, Shaub may not be showing that potential his last 6 fights he is 2 and 4, out of those 4 loses 3 have been via KO...

That would be a big weight cut for him wouldn't it, and at 1.93, might be a bit too light?

Has even fought at 205 or anywhere near it?

That would be a big weight cut for him wouldn't it, and at 1.93, might be a bit too light?

Has even fought at 205 or anywhere near it?

He is 240lb with a jelly belly.

Said he got down to 223 for a metamoris match with out much effort at all.

He is not lean at heavyweight.

Jon jones is the same height just not a fatty.

Last edited:
Not really. I'm 15 minutes in but schuab said that he told them he didn't want an attack on his career but knew rogan wanted to tell him a couple of things but it was never intended to go as hard as he did.

He said he had no problem with what rogan said, they are still great friends but he disagrees with his opinion.

Schuab had the option to not put the podcast up and but he wanted it up.

It's pretty funny schuab said he didn't talk through the podcast because he was trying hard not to cry. He seems pretty upbeat about it.

tbh, i like the way he wears his emotions on his shoulder. sometimes he's big headed because of it, but other time, you really see the sensitive side of him.

real talk. i like that.

no fake shit.

Just listened to the full original podcast.

The discussion was pretty fair when it's put into context. The point Rogan and Callen were trying to make was to look at opportunities after his fighting career is over. Right now he has suffered very little damage in terms of physical permanent damage and brain injury. He could pretty much walk away from fighting right now and have no ill effects. Joe was saying that for every fight from now in his career will be a gamble as all the fighters he will face are more or less better than him. He was asking how much longer does he want to roll that dice to have a few glory moments.

The issue I think is that this topic was brought up immediately after his latest loss, which is never a good time. I don't think Schaub was expecting to hear this discussion so soon in life.

Last edited:
He is 240lb with a jelly belly.

Said he got down to 223 for a metamoris match with out much effort at all.

He is not lean at heavyweight.

Jon jones is the same height just not a fatty.

jon jones is also the same height as overeem.
that chicken legged motherfucker isn't a real fighter, he will be destroyed by cormier :)

jon jones is also the same height as overeem.
that chicken legged motherfucker isn't a real fighter, he will be destroyed by cormier :)

That will certainly be a cracker of a fight.....if Cormier can get inside or take it too the ground, GAME OVER one would think.

I think people are forgetting Jones is rated #1 in p4p rankings for a reason. He has demolished all the greats. He's also a finisher. Cormier beats people up, but doesn't have the technical ability to out strike someone or submit them. No doubt he wins the ground and pound battle, but I don't see Jones letting the fight happen there.

Just listened to the full original podcast.

The discussion was pretty fair when it's put into context. The point Rogan and Callen were trying to make was to look at opportunities after his fighting career is over. Right now he has suffered very little damage in terms of physical permanent damage and brain injury. He could pretty much walk away from fighting right now and have no ill effects. Joe was saying that for every fight from now in his career will be a gamble as all the fighters he will face are more or less better than him. He was asking how much longer does he want to roll that dice to have a few glory moments.

The issue I think is that this topic was brought up immediately after his latest loss, which is never a good time. I don't think Schaub was expecting to hear this discussion so soon in life.

You could say the same for almost anyone in any contact sport.

Not if they're in their prime or improving. Joe was making the point that Schaub is probably past his prime and has nothing much to gain from risking his health. I don't agree with him and think Schaub still has plenty of good fights in him.