• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Training for the long term...

Yeah Spritcha, I feel this thread is about to snap.

Nevertheless - If mobility exercises don't help you then lucky you. May you continue to be so lucky as you age (which is what this thread is about)

Some of us have been helped by mobility exercises. Personally, hip-mobility drills coincided with a knee problem going away ==> better squats.

Any individual's experience is but one data point. One data point is not a trend.

Yeah Spritcha, I feel this thread is about to snap.

Nevertheless - If mobility exercises don't help you then lucky you. May you continue to be so lucky as you age (which is what this thread is about)

Some of us have been helped by mobility exercises. Personally, hip-mobility drills coincided with a knee problem going away ==> better squats.

Any individual's experience is but one data point. One data point is not a trend.

Can you give me some more detail about those hip-mobility drills?

Same here...

Fixed hip issues and knee issues...

Actually I don't remember a time when they where this good...

Same, I couldn't for the life of me work out why I had knee pain until I started mobility work on quads, hips, calves.. bingo, no more pain.

I haven't felt this good since I started lifting again. When I used to work in an office I kept getting lower back pain and sort of resigned to the idea that is just how I am. I've since broken through those feelings of defeat and don't have any more back issues.

However I noticed that if I am not diligent in applying defranco's agile 8, after a couple of days I would wake up feeling a bit stiff.

Mobility is effectively self physio.....

Not to be confused with..... Self felatio....

It's about addressing your issues as opposed to working around them...

Nazzy,
Are you working towards anything specific?

In terms of your lifting weights.

Yes and no....

Losing weight was a priority over the last 12months... Lost 18kg so far...still got another 7 kilos to go...

Currently chasing my squat up to see where it goes...

When it stalls ill switch to dead lifting and see where it goes....

Will fit in a serious benching effort somewhere in there... But will wait till I'm eating more for this one...

Have a mini comp going with semillion for the first one too 3x10 chins...

Have limited time but still fit in two full body workouts a week...

So no powerlifting competitions for the future?

It interests me.... But its not my main motivation.... I enjoy the challenge of pushing through plateaus... I find linear progression very stimulating...

Equally I enjoy chasing a good pump!!!

Time permitting I may compete in some of the PTC novice comps next year... But its not why I lift...