• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Training for size AND strength

Max squats 162.5kg on cows milk, and powercleans 112.5kg, whats your point?

What size bra are you wearing now Liam? lol

See you in January, no soy milk allowed on the premises sorry lol

If i could drink cows milk, i'd drink the **** out of it, ill take the occasional 1-2l of lactose free to work if ive got a big day, still makes me sick lol. I'm booking my flights tomorrow. Avalon yeh?

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.....NOBODY will pick you up from Avalon, its hours from PTC.

Tullamarine Airport, exactly 59 minutes

I'd be farting and taking dumps all day, not pleasant when working in an office environment.
Poor guy, I work on a building site, farts are celebrated there... I normally wait until I am up a few steps on the ladder so I can unleash at someones head height :) lol

Muahahaha, I still fart bt I have to choose my time and location, women are sensitvie little creatures.

Just an update to keep some of you motivated. I've explained in my newsletters why I use Max as my example, for those that dont know, its because he's the only lifter I have control over his eating and training. His best lifts have been reset recently. Here is an update on his progress, using techniques I discuss in this thread and forum.

Max - 17- 71kg - 18 months serious training ( August 2008, total was 400kg)

Squat -170kg
Bench press - 100kg
Powerclean - 112.5kg
Clean and jerk - 105kg
Deadlift - 200kg

Total - 687.5kg

He just missed 110kg overhead tonight, he should get 10 x bodyweight at Australia Day 2010.

He's now achieved 1 1/2 x bw overhead, he needs 5kg for 2 1/2 x bw squat.

Damn Markos, your son is very lucky to have the right guidence from the start. I'm amazed at how much he can lift for his size, how tall is he?

Max is 173cm or 5'8", he currently weighs 72.9kg first thing in the morning and 75kg before bed.

Most guys on here get the exact same guidance as Max.

Solid. Wasn't implying that they don't, was simply saying that so many people go through a period when they first start where they waste their time doing stupid exercises or do the right exercises but don't do them properly, so its great that he got the right guidence from the start.

I know what you mean, but I go through training journals and many are wasting there time.

Then others post up all these programs with so many variables/reps/sets/percentages/frequency......its frustrating.

The best way I can explain it is......I have Tuesdays Ozlotto numbers.....and nobody wants them lol

Yeah, i can kind of relate but its a pretty lame relation. Half of the kids in my year (year 12) at school are at that stage where they want to get big and strong and they just expect to be able to get big without puting in the effort in with the main lifts. Quite a few have asked me what they should be doing but its not what they want to do and don't think its going to work. The few people who have taken my advice have seen great strength gains but of course the others just do what they see everyone else doing in the gym and haven't really made much progress.

No its not. Here is what you need to do, do it. I can give examples till I'm blue in the face, NOBODY WANTS TO WORK HARD ON THE BASICS.

By the end of year 12, Max will be squatting 200kg (easily), all because he took the Ozlotto numbers and ran.

Most lifters will never squat 200kg, ever, let alone before they get a licence.

He has no advantage over anyone else, besides the fact that he watched his old man train and listens, thats it.

You must be joking that max has no advantage.

He's leart everthing from you, no wasted time like most people.
His gym is one of the best in australia
His gym is 20m from his bed
He has his meals prepared
He does not pay for his food or gym.
He doesn't have to work 50hours a week.

I'm not taking anything away from him. But to say he has no advantage is a joke.