• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Training for size AND strength

If you think drinking the milk is the hardest part of the program you have another thing coming.

20 rep breathing squats are one of the toughest things you will ever do in the gym. If you're not able to handle serious intensity they will destroy you.

Hi guys, I've been lurking for a while, and I started doing this program along with 4L of milk. 6 sessions so far. Markos would class me as a beginner. So, 20 reps squats are hard. I wanted to know if it's normal for my back where the bar rests to be much more painful than my legs. The legs are definitely sore and fatigued, but my upper back kills.

Also, 20 reps on the Romanian Deadlifts, I have more problem with my grip endurance than hamstring / glutes. It's getting better, but I've failed (not quit) a few times dropping the bar. My forearms end up being more fatigued than my hamstrings. Is this to be expected?

Thanks.

Hi guys, I've been lurking for a while, and I started doing this program along with 4L of milk. 6 sessions so far. Markos would class me as a beginner. So, 20 reps squats are hard. I wanted to know if it's normal for my back where the bar rests to be much more painful than my legs. The legs are definitely sore and fatigued, but my upper back kills.

Also, 20 reps on the Romanian Deadlifts, I have more problem with my grip endurance than hamstring / glutes. It's getting better, but I've failed (not quit) a few times dropping the bar. My forearms end up being more fatigued than my hamstrings. Is this to be expected?

Thanks.

It's your first post; you ask many questions before providing any details about yourself. To get the best possible answer from anyone here, it would be best to introduce yourself properly, thank you.

I'll just give you one answer re your back soreness. Yes it is normal for your back to be sore where the bar is resting because the muscles there are still tender and have not gotten used to a weight resting on them whilst doing 20 reps squats. Later on a callous will develop (in the form of a thick skin lump). Being stiff and sore in the beginning is part and parcel of weight training.

To minimise injury and accelerate recovery, it's imperative that you warm up for five or so minutes, then follow that by 10 minutes of stretching. After your workout is over, stretch again for another 10 minutes. Make it part of your routine and don't leave the gym/training area until completed.

All the best.

Fadi.

Wonderful things start to happen after 15.

Markos, have you considered pullovers after the squats?

You are doing an outstanding job with your crew.

i think i'll give this program a try too.
2x7 reps isnt a number ive ever heard of.. after all isnt 7 reps the 'unclaimed rep number' lol. i think someone on here said that once. must be true. lol i joke.

anyway im a bit scared of the breathing squats as everyone seems to think theyre hard. im squatting very little at the moment because ive never done squats and im still getting used to them. hehe maybe i can work my way up 5kg at a time from a lower weight.

anyway thanks PTC.

anyway im a bit scared of the breathing squats as everyone seems to think theyre hard. im squatting very little at the moment because ive never done squats and im still getting used to them. hehe maybe i can work my way up 5kg at a time from a lower weight.

anyway thanks PTC.

becuase your doing the squats every session and increasing by 5kg its a good idea to start low as you will hit your max weight quite quickly anyway. good luck, they get very tough very quickly but they are very rewarding.

We do pullovers in here sometimes after the squats, not always.

The truth is the guys collapse after the squats and dont respond to my instructions. That is the gods honest truth.

I figure if they physically cant walk to a bench and do pullovers, they have possibly worked hard enough.

But yes, pullovers straight after the squats is very beneficial, especially in the younger lifters.

Knoted, your failings are very consistent with the guys at PTC. Persevere.

well done for having a go Blue

I hadn't seen this thread but i had the workout saved in my phone after reading it in Markos' newsletter, as well as the beginners program. i am keen to try this program after i finish the one im doing. I'll aim to do it for a sort term blast, mostly coz dont think i cud do it for any longer.

The most intimidating thing is that Markos has only put a few of his clients on it. With the weight that gets moved at PTC that says alot.

Markos, are there any benchmarks you'd expect people to be able to achieve before attempting this program?

I'm going to start this program tonight, 20 reps squats don't scare me. How better to spend a Saturday night?

I won't be drinking 4l of milk though because I am lactose intolerant, I'll just up the calories from food.

I'm Lactose intolerant but I still manage to drink about 2 litres of milk a day. Its a sacrifice I do to drink something I love. I just HTFU

Guys on another forum are trying to do 4 litres of egg nog for christmas.

lactose free/soy is your friend.
Lactose free milk is nearly $2.50 per litre, that would be $10 per day, I think I'd rather buy some steaks. Soy is rubbish and tastes like crap. Even if I drink 1-2 litres I'd be farting and taking dumps all day, not pleasant when working in an office environment.

Soy is real good if you want to become a transtesticle and cant afford the operation, instant boobies.

I like pics of soy boys lol

I drank 4-6l of soy milk per day for around 6 weeks. Squat went from 115-155kgs, Bench went from 82.5kg-105kgs. don't knock it until you try it.