• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Training for size AND strength

Is there a program for people who are already overweight?

Lazy,

I'd like to take a slightly different approach by focusing my attention on exercise as my main weapon in losing excess weight. It's not how much calories an exercise will burn for me whilst doing it that should be of main concern; but rather how will that exercise affect my metabolism and how I can place it in such a position so as to burn more fat calories efficiently whilst at rest.

"Diet" should be looked at as the accelerator in losing excess weight and not the initiater of it.

Fadi.

The boys keep getting stronger, tonight Max squatted 125kg x 20, Alen managed 140kg x 12.

Lazy, I've had what I call really fat clients, Jimmy 130kg at 5'8" and Matt at 144kg and 6'.

All they did with me was 3 x week heavy sessions, we concentrated on strength alone. I also provided them with diets.

Jimmy got to 90kg and Matt to 108kg. Jimmy lost his job, stopped training for a few months, only lifts 1-2 a week, put on around 15kg, recently squatted 180kg.

Matt is still around 110kg, recently totalled 679.5kg at my comp.

They did zero training over 6 reps, except for squats. Zero cardio sessions. Heavy weights, a diet devoid of man made carbs like rice, bread and pasta, the weight fell off while the strength skyrocketed.

I had the same results with Annie, from 89kg to 77kg at 6', she deadlifts 130kg and powercleans 61kg, she totals just under 400kg, less than 7 months training. Most lose a ton of strength on crappy man made processed food diets, full of bread and rice, just crap. Eat what nature provides, you cant get fat.

The only fat animals on the planet are man fed ones, humans, cats, dogs and horses.

Zero processed carbs, you can eat it if it flys, runs or swims, green and grows out of the ground. Simple, but not easy.

Doing a zillion reps and starving yourself will cause you to lose weight.

Doing it my way will cause you to lose fat and get strong, remember, thats what my whole business is based on.

I use a different approach for weight gain though.

ill have to vouch for markos to anyone on here who thinks that he is agressive or whatever. while he is not afraid to speak his mind, on my two trips to PTC he has welcomed me and many others into his home, provided food for us and allowed us to lift at his gym, all for a very low cost. ive only ever heard him say a bad word about someone when they dropped a bar off their back when they gave up on a squat, and then its well justified.
dont be misled by appearences on internet forums ;)

ill have to vouch for markos to anyone on here who thinks that he is agressive or whatever. while he is not afraid to speak his mind, on my two trips to PTC he has welcomed me and many others into his home, provided food for us and allowed us to lift at his gym, all for a very low cost. ive only ever heard him say a bad word about someone when they dropped a bar off their back when they gave up on a squat, and then its well justified.
dont be misled by appearences on internet forums ;)

Thanks for this information Moz. Sometimes we come across in a totally different light on the net or at least differently then we truly are in person. I know exactly what you mean Sir.

Fadi.

The low cost that James speaks of, is an entry fee for EVERY lifter, it covers T Shirt and food and drink for the day. No extra cost for the interstate guys who stay at my place for 3 days during Australia Day.

Firstly, you must do 20 rep breathing squats, every session. Non negotiable. These wont kill you, you'll just wish they did. Three deep breaths at the top before each rep, should take 3 1/2 minutes to do the set.

Then do 2 sets of BP x 7, 2 sets of Romanian deadlifts x 20 and 10, 2 sets of MP x 7, row something, clean something.

Hello PTC, thanks for all the helpful information. I am looking to modify my current program to do this. Just a quick question in regard to the reps and sets.

So its;

Squats: 1set x 20reps

Bench Press: 2 x 7

Romanian deadlifts: 2 x 20

Military press: 2 x 7

Row (like bent over row?) something like 2 x 7 also?

Clean

Is the 2 x 20 for the Romanian deadlifts right as it sounds like a lot.

Correct except for the DL, 1 x 20 and 1 x 10

Good luck, my next newsletter is all about this program

Depends on goals Simon, but those doing the 20 rep squat program are trying to get bigger, so they need the calories

PTC i used to do 3 litres a day, plus 5 or 6 meals, i liked it because i truly like milk, especially goat milk. the best! considering i havent had milk in about a year i could really go for some now!!