• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Tough MUdder.

I thought Oni post was funny, sure to upset a few.

Someone asked me to do it with them, i said no fucking way. One, I fucking hate cardio and two I couldn't stand all the fuckers who think they are so hardcore for doing it.

lol.
you are right mate, as you know i did it last year and was embarrassed by some of the people there. It was funny looking around at them. Almost a real american wanky type of energy about. Lots of what i call 'pepsi max heads' competing. All like 'whoo, yeah dude, rad' . But saying that i really enjoyed the event, it was a great day.........

lol.
you are right mate, as you know i did it last year and was embarrassed by some of the people there. It was funny looking around at them. Almost a real american wanky type of energy about. Lots of what i call 'pepsi max heads' competing. All like 'whoo, yeah dude, rad' . But saying that i really enjoyed the event, it was a great day.........

ive gotta say i didnt notice much of that maybe i wasnt really looking though. saw a couple of really jacked strongman/bodybuilder guys, one of them gave me a leg up over one of the walls and nearly threw me over!

one thing i forgot to mention was how uncrowded the event was. i'd heard horror stories of people waiting up to an hour in lines waiting to do obstacles and other TM's so we had booked into the first wave of runners and i dont think we waited on one obstacle. even watching the last few waves of contestants they didnt have wait either.

anyone doing the melbourne one in september? im thinking about giving it another shot. this time aiming to complete it without stopping

Are heavy squats and running a mis match? Am training for this event and started running but am finding it impossible to run long distance after squats.

Are heavy squats and running a mis match? Am training for this event and started running but am finding it impossible to run long distance after squats.

I'm starting to think YES...I've been struggling with squatting ever since running 6km 1-2 times a week. But since I'm committed to TM, I'm considering just accepting with it for now. My bench and deads are still cranking.

lol.

Exactly like Crossfit
I'm pretty pleased with this equality

Normally train weights Mon, Wed, Friday and run Tue, Thurs, Sat.

I'd put the squat session at one end of the week, and the hardest run session at the end - squat Monday, light run Tue, hard run Sat.

otherwise re-arrange it so you squat on saturday?

A squat workout followed by running would get you used to running under fatigue without any real effort or having to train for hours wearing yourself down. This is how I trained for cycling

If I had to pick two exercises only for tough Mudder it would be pull ups and hill sprints. wouldn't bother squatting.

How i trained for tough mudder, mixed up weights & runs. Bodyweight stuff mixed with weights. Increase the run length as you get fitter...

super-set 10 chins & 10 dips (both just bodyweight) straight into a 200m run up the street and back
45 sec rest

super-set 10 reverse EZ bar curls into tricep dips into the same run
45 sec rest

super-set DB shoulder press (20kg each db) into 30 second plank into run
45 sec rest

super-set 20 lunges into 30 calf raises (both bodyweight) on step into run
45 second rest

super-set 10 sledgehammers on tyre into 15 tricep pushdowns into the same run
45 second rest & repeated the whole thing again

How i trained for tough mudder, mixed up weights & runs. Bodyweight stuff mixed with weights. Increase the run length as you get fitter...

super-set 10 chins & 10 dips (both just bodyweight) straight into a 200m run up the street and back
45 sec rest

super-set 10 reverse EZ bar curls into tricep dips into the same run
45 sec rest

super-set DB shoulder press (20kg each db) into 30 second plank into run
45 sec rest

super-set 20 lunges into 30 calf raises (both bodyweight) on step into run
45 second rest

super-set 10 sledgehammers on tyre into 15 tricep pushdowns into the same run
45 second rest & repeated the whole thing again

Thanks for sharing mate, sounds brutal!

Apparently im doing this tough mudder bullshit this time round.

Im not going to one single run. :p
Plenty condition in the gym though, tyre flip, sledge, prowler, ropes, complexes. Fuck normal running though, not worth the pain!!

How long is this thing? Ill jog/walk most of it.

Tim.

Think I'm going to stick a fork in the squats. I started doing lighter weight squats for 15 reps but still my legs scream after running 1km. I'm not puffed but the legs just have nothing to give.

I did a 6km run today and the first 3km my legs were just jelly. I decided on the way back I'd run hard for 400m, walk 100m and repeat til I got back to my destination. Even with the stop start I came in 3 minutes quicker than I did on Tuesday when I jogged the whole 6km.

My strength has always been sprinting and have always been pathetic on long distance runs. I did train for this event last year and was able to do 10km qute easy but the only squats I was doing at the time were bodyweight jumpng squats. Was just hoping to maintain what I had, but have to be realistic, if the body says no, not much I can do about it.

Apparently im doing this tough mudder bullshit this time round.

Im not going to one single run. :p
Plenty condition in the gym though, tyre flip, sledge, prowler, ropes, complexes. Fuck normal running though, not worth the pain!!

How long is this thing? Ill jog/walk most of it.

Tim.

20km.