• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Tough MUdder.

anyone planning on doing a tough mudder in 2013? looks like i might be doing the sydney one with my sister but just waiting on her to confirm she can get the time off work to fly up for it. melbourne one would be better but its too soon so no time to train for it

Nah Sydney is heaps better than melbourne.. I did the sydney one last year and know a couple of people that did both and said Sydney was way tougher. plus melb one was less than 15km..

I'm doing the brisbane one in august..

Nah Sydney is heaps better than melbourne.. I did the sydney one last year and know a couple of people that did both and said Sydney was way tougher. plus melb one was less than 15km..

I'm doing the brisbane one in august..

did you do much training specifically towards the event? ive got three months to train and havent been in the gym for 4 months, i do a bit of running though and can knock out 10 k's pretty easily

Specifics training... As long as you can do pull ups you will be fine and can swim a bit..

I didn't do enough training that's for sure... Found my legs got smashed especially towards the end where it was like 6km of mud, anything to increase your quad strength is a good idea I think..

I did this years one in Sydney and have signed up for next years too. It's good fun. Not heaps tough, but makes you work harder than warrior dash! Great perv too, so many hot chics there too. None better than my wife of course lol

Agreed on the perv factor. Stampede was pretty goo though massive bath thing with chicks stripping off.. hhnng

Sounds like a win. I would end up face first in the mud while watching what they were doing instead of myself.

A mate and his brother have entered the Sydney one this year, not sure they know what they have got themselves in to. They are both fairly fit, they run a shitload and recently walked Kokoda but they not sure why you need to be able to do chinups etc.

Agreed on the perv factor. Stampede was pretty goo though massive bath thing with chicks stripping off.. hhnng

They would be like "Hey you filthy pig, you cant do that here..."

And i would be like " But it's mine and will wash it as fast or slow as i like"

tumblr_mcqc0nP3dz1qaktt0o9_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mcqc0nP3dz1qaktt0o2_500.jpg

tumblr_mcqc0nP3dz1qaktt0o1_1280.jpg

m21_RTR34YX6.jpg

20110724-ToughMudderWI-Gudkov-1240.jpg

Au-DtgLCQAERAPy.jpg

e853c1fee896a9ca1f42697887c3b3a0.jpg

ToughMudder_Borat.jpg

Last edited:
Best event on the planet. Awesome fun. You make it as easy or as hard as you want to. Last year I did it with a group of 8, a few mates and their wives. All of us at varying levels of fitness, so we just strolled the course and had a ball.

This year 2 mates and I had a serious crack and did it in just on 2 hours.

Highly recommend it! That ice bath is ridiculously cold.

Last year's Sydney event was awesome. Harder than I thought & more fun than I thought. Better in every way than I expected.
Signed up for Sydney in February as soon as it was open. Very disappointed it was moved to April as I took time off work & bought plane tix. Can't do April.
I am doing brisbane though. As disappointed as I was with the organisers, it's still the best event I've ever done.

Last year's Sydney event was awesome. Harder than I thought & more fun than I thought. Better in every way than I expected.
Signed up for Sydney in February as soon as it was open. Very disappointed it was moved to April as I took time off work & bought plane tix. Can't do April.
I am doing brisbane though. As disappointed as I was with the organisers, it's still the best event I've ever done.

Last years Sydney was awesome the last couple of kms were killer

Well done Dave and sheeeeeeeeeeeeet how did I miss this thread and those pics? Nice!

You're precisely the type of person who signs up for these races, the type of person who thinks running a race where you play in the mud and climb some fucking wall elevates you over other people in the fitness community, the type of person who still says "winning" and "AROO", the exact type of person who makes me shake my head. Toughmudders are a corny little trend in fitness, a blip in the grand scheme of things, the crossfit of running. Once, I stop seeing signs for spartan races and toughmudders and hear people talking about them like they're so grand, I will be overjoyed.