• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Tough MUdder.

So have somehow put on 6kg's and is the total opposite of what I wanted to do. Now 104.9kgs!

I was doing strength training about 2 months ago and weighed in at 98kg, had weened off it to concentrate on running and body weight exercises and jump on the sales after a month and my weight shot up. I admit I had been eating more due to the extra calories burnt but it seems a pretty excessive weight gain.

In saying that, I did a 10.5km run in 55mins last week. Currently doing steep hill sprints, tabata training and my Bas Rutten workout and feeling fit and strong. But was hoping to be under 95kg lol.

I'm one of those body shapes that tend to hold fat quite well but also bulk up easily too, can I seriously bulk up whilst running and doing body weight stuff :confused:

That was an awesome day. Completed every obstacle first go without assistance and helped where I could. Highly recommend it. Electric shocks feel like someone has sucker punched you.

That was an awesome day. Completed every obstacle first go without assistance and helped where I could. Highly recommend it. Electric shocks feel like someone has sucker punched you.

Well done mate! You must be stoked.
More importantly, how good is the perv!?!?

Awesome work. TM is definitely my favourite event, bloody good fun. What obstacle did you find the toughest?

I have done it a couple of times and the arctic enema rips the air out of my lungs like nothing I have ever experienced. The mud hills are cool fun but get pretty hard towards the end.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Yeah mate, good job! I was there yesterday as well, got an epic tan from it. guts are still a bit sore, not sure if its the 18k jog or dehydration, maybe both. All kinds of people on the course, a few hotties here and there. I wish it had rained though, dusty as fck. Course was quite open between obstacles, same terrain over and over. Obstacles designed to accommodate everyone and all skill levels, no male/female challenge differentiation either, which is fine but means some obstacles could have been harder. And not as many obstacles as say true grit or even spartan per km covered. Still, everyone i saw enjoyed it. So in the end, if I was to do another obst course race it prob wouldn't be tm again. But I'm happy to have done it all the same as its been 8mths in planning/training, a new goal is required!

Well done.
Next week on search4hurt Matt does tough mudder Melbourne. I wonder if he had any tricks to get thru the crowds and thru the obstacles quicker.

Cheers guys. 18 months ago I was lazy and fat and now I have finally conquered the course. I surprised myself that not only did I complete the course but nailed the obstacles I thought I would struggle on. I'm 103kg but look nothing like Taurus, I carry a decent amount of fat still but managed the Berlin Walls by myself, the monkey bars and everest all first go. My quads started to get tired after the 12km mark and I had struggled with the long distance running throughout my training so in the end it was the running that I found the toughest, that and I blacked out on electric eel with a nice bolt to the side of the head :)

Am signing up for next year for sure. Need the next challenge now.

Cheers guys. 18 months ago I was lazy and fat and now I have finally conquered the course. I surprised myself that not only did I complete the course but nailed the obstacles I thought I would struggle on. I'm 103kg but look nothing like Taurus, I carry a decent amount of fat still but managed the Berlin Walls by myself, the monkey bars and everest all first go. My quads started to get tired after the 12km mark and I had struggled with the long distance running throughout my training so in the end it was the running that I found the toughest, that and I blacked out on electric eel with a nice bolt to the side of the head :)

Am signing up for next year for sure. Need the next challenge now.

Well done mate, great work.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

And I was quietly happy to see so many Crossfit teams struggling. I think they learnt the hard way that kipping pullups don't actually help you get up and over anything. It was a pleasure to run past many crossfitters who were struggling and to climb over stuff un aided while their 'teams' were were climbing all over each other. There were plenty of cross fit teams advertising themselves on the day.

Just me and a mate. Had many people say yes when I first asked but their enthusiasm dwindled the closer it got. Suddenly these mysterious injuries just happened. lol

The mate I did it with though is one of those very lucky individuals who didn't train at all but still completed the course. He's strong, fast and fit without doing anything.

Just me and a mate. Had many people say yes when I first asked but their enthusiasm dwindled the closer it got. Suddenly these mysterious injuries just happened. lol

The mate I did it with though is one of those very lucky individuals who didn't train at all but still completed the course. He's strong, fast and fit without doing anything.

My missus signed us up for the one in Perth in a few months time, much to my disgust. She's a triathlete and I haven't done any running in about 5 years :S

Finally forced myself out yesterday for a test 3 km and hardly broke a sweat at an average pace run.

Kind of looking forward to it now.

Mind you, if they have the little tunnels you have to crawl through 3/4 of water....I'm going to freak the f&ck out...

My missus signed us up for the one in Perth in a few months time, much to my disgust. She's a triathlete and I haven't done any running in about 5 years :S

Finally forced myself out yesterday for a test 3 km and hardly broke a sweat at an average pace run.

Mind you, if they have the little tunnels you have to crawl through 3/4 of water....I'm going to freak the f&ck out...

Here's every obstacle you will do: Tough Mudder's Most Badass Obstacles | Tough Mudder Australia :)

Would love to do one of these one day soon

You'll love it mate. A bloke called Larry was shitting himself when he approached Trench Warefare. The underground trench took a right turn in the middle which was unexpected and complete darkness inside. Anyway, Larry took along time peeking in wondering wether to go or not. There was a decent crowd waiting and everyone was cheering him on to have a go and he go a massive ovation when he came out the other side.

They're the sort of moments that I loved about the event.

You'll love it mate. A bloke called Larry was shitting himself when he approached Trench Warefare. The underground trench took a right turn in the middle which was unexpected and complete darkness inside. Anyway, Larry took along time peeking in wondering wether to go or not. There was a decent crowd waiting and everyone was cheering him on to have a go and he go a massive ovation when he came out the other side.

They're the sort of moments that I loved about the event.

I did the trenches twice to help my sister through. Probably helped that I've been through the Cu Chi tunnels in Vietnam, at least the tough Mudder tunnels don't have bats and snakes in them lol

It was funny, the problem i saw with the crossfit teams were the size of them. With so many together it's inevitable at least one or two gets an injury, and they wouldn't leave each other behind. My local cf team took 2hrs longer than me, as they walked from the 10k mark with some busted ankles and knees, but I know the guys at least are way ahead of me fitness wise.