• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
People who are on the shit can have more consistency in the duration of their workouts and the rest times. The rest of us need to listen to the body more and things will vary a lot more according to the type of day you have had before hitting the weights, nutrition, perception of pain and discomfort etc.....

if you have been doing it a while it becomes instinctive. Personally, I stop when power output begins to fall which may be after a lot of sets or may be after only two sets. Rest between sets is whenever I'm ready or not being interrupted; there tends to be a lot of activity during training my time - kids homework, overseas phone or Skype calls, tending to the animals etc.....

yes, but that does not prove that you need to train like that to be good at powerlifting. More of a convention rather than a necessity, me think.

I won't speak for any other powerlifters but for me I need my CNS to recover. I am ready to lift, muscle-wise, again after about a minute or three. But my CNS, or whatever it is, needs more time.

When I drop back the weight, after the heavy work sets, to do some volume as a warm down, I find that the first light set is the hardest of them all. The 2nd set on being much easier. That indicates, to me, that I am still recovering from handling the heavy weight.

If the drop in strength was from muscle exhaustion, I don't think that would happen. You would find every set to be harder.

Another factor is that when you are pushing hard all the time, mentally you need to regroup. Bodybuilders know that very well, due to the short rests and intensity of their lifting, even with a light weight.

As I said, its not the right way or the only way. Its just how I train for the sport in which I compete. If I were a footballer or bodybuilder, I would train differently, even with the same exercises.

Don't know if I rest 5 seconds but turning a weights session into cardio does nothing for me. I do weights because I hate cardio.

Fair enough, and very true. We all like training different ways.

I hate training with heavy weights; I go flat out once every 3 weeks. prefer to train for pain, more muscle endurance type training.

Where's Big Mick to tell everyone to get back on topic.

gym-idiot.jpg

Was spotting a gent doing seated BBMP today. He worked up to 90 x 3, 90 x 4, and just missed 100 x1. BW was 92 apparently. Didn't think that was too bad.

Hmm how do you spot a MP? If he fails are you gonna be standing around holding 90kg above the head in a compromised position lol?

Hmm how do you spot a MP? If he fails are you gonna be standing around holding 90kg above the head in a compromised position lol?

You cup the elbows. Same with incline dumbbell presses.

Mind you, with military press, I do them in a squat rack with safety bars way up near shoulder height. Then I can just dump the bar if need be.

Cup the elbows like this:

Cupped-Breast.jpeg

Oh, wait. Thats wrong. Like this:

your-ultimate-guide-to-spotting-graphic-4.jpg

You cup the elbows. Same with incline dumbbell presses.

Mind you, with military press, I do them in a squat rack with safety bars way up near shoulder height. Then I can just dump the bar if need be.

Cup the elbows like this:

Cupped-Breast.jpeg

Oh, wait. Thats wrong. Like this:

your-ultimate-guide-to-spotting-graphic-4.jpg

Two things that concern me.
1. The blokes hands in the first picture
2. Is that too shallow in the second pic, I find that most only press that deep.

Good mobility if your shoulder can touch her tits!

She's got that 'pink' look going on, I kinda dig it...Plus apparently her tits are offering happy hour specials