• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
a group of 4 bro's rolling up into the gym yesterday, striding into the power lifting room carrying invisible suitcases, joking and jostling quite loudly to draw attention.

They load up 60kg on the bar, chalk up, belts on and proceed to do copious amounts of 10 rep sets, rounded backs rounded, pulling the bar with the shoulders, grunting, yelling, cheering each other on loudly, you'd have thought it was the Arnold strongman classic the way they carried on. They'd drop the bar from height, holding their arms out like the "come at me bro" meme, slapping each others backs and giving high fives. Was highly amusing

About 30 mins into this a young little blonde PT wals into the room, leaning on the door frame watching one of the bros finish his current "Set" as he dropped the weight she pipes up "seriously, if your going to carry on yelling and grunting like pigs mating, you can at least do it lifting something thats actually heavy...." The bros looked pissed off, one of them mumbled something like "more than you can lift" I didn't catch it exactly, to which the PT replied "keep making asses out of yourselfs and we'll have to ban you from the PL room" and walked off.

owned-50449.jpg

^^^ you realise strong people actually need close to 5mins rest on a big compound exercise right?

Yesterday was another new one for me. Guy holding dbs by his side, takes his right leg and puts it behind his left leg (sort of like a skater?) and is on his toes with the right foot. Doing a 1/4 squat type movement with the left leg and a calf raise with the right leg while attempting not to fall over. #functionaltraining

if said guy's were powerlifters, then i wouldn't have been complaining!

a group of 4 bro's rolling up into the gym yesterday, striding into the power lifting room carrying invisible suitcases, joking and jostling quite loudly to draw attention.

They load up 60kg on the bar, chalk up, belts on and proceed to do copious amounts of 10 rep sets, rounded backs rounded, pulling the bar with the shoulders, grunting, yelling, cheering each other on loudly, you'd have thought it was the Arnold strongman classic the way they carried on. They'd drop the bar from height, holding their arms out like the "come at me bro" meme, slapping each others backs and giving high fives. Was highly amusing

About 30 mins into this a young little blonde PT wals into the room, leaning on the door frame watching one of the bros finish his current "Set" as he dropped the weight she pipes up "seriously, if your going to carry on yelling and grunting like pigs mating, you can at least do it lifting something thats actually heavy...." The bros looked pissed off, one of them mumbled something like "more than you can lift" I didn't catch it exactly, to which the PT replied "keep making asses out of yourselfs and we'll have to ban you from the PL room" and walked off.

Maybe they were doing GVT 10x10x50%

Yes you would have.

because you know what happens infront of my eyes? get a grip.
btw, one was doing chin up in the squat rack, then 5 mins front squats with 1 plate, then 5 mins chins over and over. can't remember the other dude, but he certainly didn't have 2 or 3 plates on the bar, if that was the case id be more than happy with them taking their time and having their head in their phone...

wanker @Timeah ;

Last edited:
Why you guys jerking without me?? :confused:

Its mah squat day and I will be doing some sets of ten two just so I can join in ya wankers!!!

some dick rolling around doing shitloads of weird ass rehab drills or something like that. Should have just done some hip thrust bb curls or something.

yeah, that was me.

^^Lol Jz ;) At least you can have a laugh about it.

Yesterday there was this dude doing squats in the standing calf raise machine, wraps and a belt on form 40 kg upwards, but the funny part was that he had bands on the weight pins, but at full height the bands weren't under any tension (if you can picture what I mean). Made my arvo anyway....

I saw something similar the other day. This old stick thin lady was walking around a busy gym collecting all the 20kg plates, and loaded up the incline calf press until there's 200kg on there. (I use a max of 140kg on there for 7-8 reps). She then proceeds to leg press the weight with a 1 inch range of motion. Then calls it a day and leaves with 200kg left stacked. What a bitch.