• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Kunce wearing straps to shrug 60kgs. How do you think you'll improve your grip strength doing that chit? Strap on kunce forever!

Haha I've got a dude at my gym, wears a belt no no matter what he's doing for the whole workout. Funny as fuck. Actually I saw him take it off today for the first time to do abs.

These kunce were wearing the straps full time too. Wouldn't you find that chit annoying just dangling there, getting in the way for exercises that you don't use them?

I'm hanging for the day the gym has a fancy dress/theme day. Seen it once or twice before but didn't bother to do anything... Will go as "outlandish bro" next time.
Full time belt, straps, stringer singlet to get the guns out of the holsters, trackies to hide the lucky legs, massive cans on my head with a huge phone/tablet strapped to my upper arm. May even get a sweat band happening and carry around a shaker as my water bottle of course!

These kunce were wearing the straps full time too. Wouldn't you find that chit annoying just dangling there, getting in the way for exercises that you don't use them?

I'm hanging for the day the gym has a fancy dress/theme day. Seen it once or twice before but didn't bother to do anything... Will go as "outlandish bro" next time.
Full time belt, straps, stringer singlet to get the guns out of the holsters, trackies to hide the lucky legs, massive cans on my head with a huge phone/tablet strapped to my upper arm. May even get a sweat band happening and carry around a shaker as my water bottle of course!

Haha in for pics!

Saw a guy doing squats with his arms outstretched open behind him and hands firmly gripping the plates on either side. Was he training to hitch chicks up onto his shoulder for stereo? At a 60kg twerk squat with the curviest lower back hyper extension I have ever seen, probably not. But Nicky Minaj would've been proud.

Kunce wearing straps to shrug 60kgs. How do you think you'll improve your grip strength doing that chit? Strap on kunce forever!
I have been guilty of that lol. It's usually at the end of a back workout and I'm doing slow reps of 20+. It just helps target the traps without everything slipping around.

Last edited:

You mean you are gonna wait for gym fancy dress day to wear this attire? I thought this was just normal gym wear????

I had to use straps to row 70kg the other day :( But I have a broken shoulder so that is my excuse. No grip strength issues with 270kg from blocks in the past.

Sometimes, people doing all this dumb shit in the gym may have legit reasons. Probably not for the majority though.

Saw a guy yesterday who was pretty damn close to going arse over tit while squatting. I would say 20/80 forefoot to rear of foot balance and knees about 30cm in front of toes. No safety's or spotter. So close.

yesterday, i saw myself in the garage floor pressing using milk crates to prop the bar up cause i dont have a bench or blocks, lucky i cant press much at the moment.

will have to make something up at work once the weight starts going up

Half squats experience galore. A guy doing every type of curl, having a slight argument with his mate who said why don't we do deadlifts, rows etc. Then he cracked the shits and went back to curls. Past few days have opened my eyes to amazing things

I had to use straps to row 70kg the other day :( But I have a broken shoulder so that is my excuse. No grip strength issues with 270kg from blocks in the past.

Sometimes, people doing all this dumb shit in the gym may have legit reasons. Probably not for the majority though.

Saw someone like this at my gym last week, he was only squatting about 1/4 the way down, not even getting past the knee (or anywhere near it). i would have thought injury but he has 120 kilo's of plates on the bar.

Just a lot of weak/lazy kunce.

Like, I get that we all start somewhere but what's the point of going into the gym to do your 3x10 on a few machines and leave without breaking a sweat?

I've seen the same guys doing this literally for years. Why don't they get sick of seeing zero results?

Just a lot of weak/lazy kunce.

Like, I get that we all start somewhere but what's the point of going into the gym to do your 3x10 on a few machines and leave without breaking a sweat?

I've seen the same guys doing this literally for years. Why don't they get sick of seeing zero results?

Could be doing maintenance training? Or could have no idea what hard work actually is ;)

Saw a guy shrugging 220kg about 3mm total ROM today. His trap size reflected the lack of ROM :p

Saw another guy with tip top DL form :rolleyes: reaching lock out and hyper extending his back throwing his shoulders back and looking at the ceiling. Cringing....

I saw something new yesterday, reverse 1/8th squats/calf raises.

These Asian dudes were facing away from the rack lifting the bar off the supports. I thought so the other dude could correct him or something. One guy then hopped up and down, then after his 'set' he blindly walks backwards and rolls the bar off his shoulders, hoping that one of the squat rack hooks would catch it. I think a few of us at the gym were looking at each other like wtf.

Just got 2 deadlift platforms in hte gym, now every cowboy thinks they can smash weights down on the ground like they just pulled 300. I'm gonna' start wearing earplugs...