• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Also smoking thick possibly shy cleavage bearing babe sets up doing useless sexy core work a few inches infront of my deads. Love this new gym.

Is that the same cleavage exposing fit chick that just had to set up a yoga mat and do that weird move with the medicine ball where you can't decide which side to put it down (left or right, c'mon) in front of me as I was practicing my snatch? How annoying is that!

Had a PT roll his eyes at me for saying I had two sets left on the bench. He then proceed to do biceps curls until his female client left... And then came and introduced himself and apologised. Was seriously a wtf moment.

lol if he really wanted it why didnt he get her on a smith machine or do db bench?

But she wasn't even benching, that's what fucked me. She was doing deads when I first saw them and then went and played with the machines. I don't know what she did when I said 2 sets left, I was more dumbfounded with old mate doing curls while he's on the clock.

Stop fucken teasing [MENTION=16241]Headley[/MENTION] ; deliver on pics or I'll assume you're making this shit up! :p

So many chicks in comp prep at mine.. so good.

Gym was dead at 3:30am this morning though... Closed for the next two days too :'(

saw guy in tank top curling in squat rack. funny thing is he had 2.5kg weights on each side. I dont understand why he would use barbell when there is a whole set of curling weights + ez bars. dafuq

I don't see the issue? I've got a farked shoulder and can't use db's, ez bar feels weird as fark too for some reason. I found the barbell to work very well to get full stretch and muscle contraction. (oh, except for in the squat rack bit!)

If you're going to curl in the squat rack, it better be more than 40kg. Anything else, most places will have preset bb's to cater for your needs

I don't see the issue? I've got a farked shoulder and can't use db's, ez bar feels weird as fark too for some reason. I found the barbell to work very well to get full stretch and muscle contraction. (oh, except for in the squat rack bit!)

i didnt write it properly. We have a whole set of preset straight bars for curling. Range from 20lbs to 100 something, plus several ez bars. Dude can curl a lamp he wants but would appreciate if not in the squat rack. The pre set weights were 5 steps away from him.

But now i just realised i could be doing the same thing >< I started doing bent over rows with the barbell, should i be using the preset weights? I wanted to get the feel for the Olympic bar though

Last edited:
I row with a body width grip, could do them with preset bars but they aren't heavy enough.

How many racks are there? I generally don't care what people do in the racks as long as they're not using it to do something like curls when other people are waiting.
It will be better long term for grip strength to work with the thicker and longer bar

I saw a guy on the lat pulldown today that a shrug would have a bigger ROM. I think the only reason the stack was moving was because he was going up and down off the seat pad. Maybe it was some kind of new age, gravity defying, reverse squat?

I row with a body width grip, could do them with preset bars but they aren't heavy enough.

How many racks are there? I generally don't care what people do in the racks as long as they're not using it to do something like curls when other people are waiting.
It will be better long term for grip strength to work with the thicker and longer bar

I saw a guy on the lat pulldown today that a shrug would have a bigger ROM. I think the only reason the stack was moving was because he was going up and down off the seat pad. Maybe it was some kind of new age, gravity defying, reverse squat?

1 rack at my gym and i was waiting >< will continue using Olympic bar thanks

1/4 lat pull downs are an everyday occurrence at my gym srs

i didnt write it properly. We have a whole set of preset straight bars for curling. Range from 20lbs to 100 something, plus several ez bars. Dude can curl a lamp he wants but would appreciate if not in the squat rack. The pre set weighing ghts were 5 steps away from him.

But now i just realised i could be doing the same thing >< I started doing bent over rows with the barbell, should i be using the preset weights? I wanted to get the feel for the Olympic bar though

Aah gotcha.

I prefer full width bb for rows. Don't care about curls haha

saw guy in tank top curling in squat rack. funny thing is he had 2.5kg weights on each side. I dont understand why he would use barbell when there is a whole set of curling weights + ez bars. dafuq
funny , i saw the same thing today too