• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
What a weird crew training at the new gym I go to this morning. I must have arrived at circus time.

- Guy doing lat pull downs in the most ballistic fashion, ending reps with screechy 'whoa!'. All I could hear going in the gym was whoa! whoa! ..

- Guy doing crossfit from what I could gather with AMRAP deadlifts, bench, and snatches... 10kg plates. Every rep the BB was traveling in an alarmingly non vertical direction.

- 3 (bony) chicks in and out within a space of 10 minutes, spending about 20 seconds on each machine. Is this a new womens weekly workout I am not aware of?

And finally, best for last.
- Guy in a hawaiian shirt and big fanny pack comes in and starts curling 5kg DB next to me as I was benching. As soon as I finished my set, he swings over to me and asks if I want any 'supplements'. I am like, uh what like krill oil? and he goes, naah I mean 'supplements(!)'.

Scary place. I don't know what have I done, changing gyms!

All new gyms seen strange at first, like an new fish in a tank.
Soon enough all the Fruitloops will seem like part of the furniture.

And finally, best for last.
- Guy in a hawaiian shirt and big fanny pack comes in and starts curling 5kg DB next to me as I was benching. As soon as I finished my set, he swings over to me and asks if I want any 'supplements'. I am like, uh what like krill oil? and he goes, naah I mean 'supplements(!)'.

if that happened to me should i be concerned about scam? Or this pretty standard?

Last edited:
Never seen this approach before, man. Even though I am not interested in roiding up, I have been offered vials half a dozen times this year already. Pretty crazy!

Saw a guy doing freestyle on a cable machine yesterday.

Saw another fella make depth on squats. Thought that was pretty good. Then I saw the bar and it looked like he had wrapped 3 towels around it to protect his back. I guess 60kg hurts.

Had a PT roll his eyes at me for saying I had two sets left on the bench. He then proceed to do biceps curls until his female client left... And then came and introduced himself and apologised. Was seriously a wtf moment.

Fucken oath! I had only done one working set. Kunce!

When he came back he goes "Sorry for seeming abrupt but you know how it is" I just gave him a blank look and put my headphones back in.

a guy doin bicep curls using the rope on the pulleys, **** was really getting his knee into it.. looked more like some sort of olymlic lift.

another weirdo tieing a band around his fore arm to pump them up more so he could admire his veins. weirdo

nothing beats just ignoring some kunce. do it at work all the time

I tried, had my headphones in when he came over. Kunce stood in front of me for ages, then just looked at me when I looked at him and took the headphones out.
"Can I help you?"
Kunce still just stood there looking at me. It was like I stole their equipment or something

I tried, had my headphones in when he came over. Kunce stood in front of me for ages, then just looked at me when I looked at him and took the headphones out.
"Can I help you?"
Kunce still just stood there looking at me. It was like I stole their equipment or something

Kunce could've asked to work in with you or move on instead of making his client piss off and do his own bicep curls! lol...

"Can I help you?"

takes real skill to just look through someone like there not there. once some kunce at work has annoyed me, they dont exist anymore. will ignore them point blank for ever