• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Hit some PB's on squat and dead on the weekend at the GPC States in QLD. Had an awesome time, only started squatting/deads in November last year, and carrying a tricep injury, was pleased with my result going 9/9.

242.5/210/247.5 - 700kg Total @ 107.7kg

You will be quite a force in the 82s, especially if you are filling it out , lean

Yeah as it stands I don't think I'll total 700 at nationals in late May. We think something like 260/140/285 is possible though
For some reason, squat is going really well lately but deadlift not so much. It was stuck at 250kg for 6 months! Then it jumped up to 270kg and it's been around that now since August so another 6 months! Hopefully pushing the squat up will help the deadlift

Finally hit 170 deads today. Slooooow progression.

Tips on the best way to progress my deadlifts to 200?

I'm stoked that I hit 182.5kg for 2 reps. Was supposed to be a lighter session, but felt pretty pumped after 165 for 5x8, so thought I would give it a shot. Headspinzzzz

Thanks for all the advice to just keep lifting. It's working!

Any advice on the pre-deadlift mental pump that you guys get going? I see when you @jzpowahz get ready, the arms go up after a certain amount of breaths, and lift immediately. Is this just something you have to prep you? (OCD style)

Last edited:
Nice lift, I to am curious as to the extending of your arms out front before you deadlift, I noticed jz does it also
No scientific hypotheses, just like it to psych up and also feel I can get more air in
Originally I copied Brandon Lily cos he looks cool

Your reasons [MENTION=7082]jzpowahz[/MENTION]; ?

325kg equipped squat at GPC Vic States. Missed a 4th attempt for a national record attempt at 332.5kg.

Bench and Deads can goanna.

325kg equipped squat at GPC Vic States. Missed a 4th attempt for a national record attempt at 332.5kg.

Bench and Deads can goanna.

Awesome
thumbs-up.jpg

I've been hiding, pretty much just maintenance work (we have just had another family member join us, been a bit busy!).
Did some 1rm work to figure out a program cycle a few weeks ago, and managed a 10kg increase in squat - 140kg PB. Raw, no belt, no wraps or wrist straps.
Monday managed 165kg deadlift, raw PB (no belt, 170kg is outright PB).
Time to get into it again.