• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
tumblr_lqrl3xemDw1qb0q9io1_400.gif

Finally hit 170 deads today. Slooooow progression.

Tips on the best way to progress my deadlifts to 200?

Nothing wrong with slow. It took me probably 2 years to hit 170 this time last year..

Keep getting the heavy volume in and it will push you up.. A program will help you direct your effort if you can hammer away at it for a good amount of time

Shoot a message to D1cko , he has a program he may be happy to help you out with. Has helped me go from 200 to 220+

All in all the fundamentals are - keep deadlifting

Nothing wrong with slow. It took me probably 2 years to hit 170 this time last year..

Keep getting the heavy volume in and it will push you up.. A program will help you direct your effort if you can hammer away at it for a good amount of time

Shoot a message to D1cko , he has a program he may be happy to help you out with. Has helped me go from 200 to 220+

All in all the fundamentals are - keep deadlifting
Word.

backsquat double at 145kg, been a long time since ive done a heavy double but pretty sure previous was 130-135kg

backsquat double at 145kg, been a long time since ive done a heavy double but pretty sure previous was 130-135kg
Nice work bloke.

Im starting to get back near pb territory.
110x2@9 bench yesty. rep pb is 115x3
210x2@9 deadlift yest. rep pb is 220x3
So getting closer. Hoping to squat 155 or so x 2 tomorrow.

you squat like i deadlift.i dont like doing reps or deadlifting for that matter lol.but overall its probably the best way to build a base up.imo.ive seen some amazing fast gains by guys who dont shirk the conditioning side of training.i used to think anything over 5 was a waste of time.its not.
however you may think differently and theres a million ways to beat an egg.

Last edited:
Nope. I don't mind squatting actually ;)
Even for reps. But there is a time and a place etc. For the comp lifts i like to keep it more specific leading into a comp, States is in like 4 weeks time. 2 week intensity block leading in, with a week of singles type stuff then a semi-deload week.