• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
WTF? You overhead squatted 120, man. That's more impressive than a 200kg squat.

I got good shoulder mobility so I can get a pretty narrow grip on the overhead squat, hardest it is getting into the overhead position, but still I am very happy with it, I wish my backsquat was 200kg

need more low bar :p

Accidental equal 1rm on sumo deadlift. Was meant to be 235kg on there and I got 250kg.
equal 2rm (after) 235kgx2
SSB pause squat 120kgx5 (and back feels ok today :))

I got good shoulder mobility so I can get a pretty narrow grip on the overhead squat, hardest it is getting into the overhead position, but still I am very happy with it, I wish my backsquat was 200kg

You have very good core strength. There are 300kg squatters who would not be able to ohs 120.

I benched 113.5kg today.

I wasn't going to post in this thread until I had a PB of a nice round number, but then I realised that I probably won't be making another attempt at a maximum bench press until the end of January, so this is it for this year.

BTW - do you count the weight of the bar for the purposes of saying how much you can lift? If so, then add another approx 9kg.

Count the damn bar. What bar weighs 9. Even my old standard bar was 12.
9, that's a dumbell handle. .[emoji85]

Definitely... And the bars without freely moving sleeves are more difficult too IMO... As the bar will roll around in your hand more

Doesnt make much difference for me on bench.

Yeah you count it man! Sounds like you have an 8.5kg standard bar eh. S0 122kg lifter bro! Excellent. And your nice round number haha.

Shrekko. Standard bars come in 6kg, 7kg, 8.5kg and 12kg. And probably more.
Errry body had a go at making them.
[MENTION=16396]Sandin Face[/MENTION]; im selling 230odd kg of standard weight plates if you want any man. $2 per kg.

Thanks guys!

my bar is 180cm, about 2cm diameter (1 inch). I calculated the 9kg based on these measurements (plus a bit for the knobs) and the density of iron.

However, when I work out the weight by weighing myself carrying, or not carrying, the bar, on my (fairly dodgy) scales, it comes out at around 7.4kg (average over several measurements).

Anyway, it still means that I have hit a bench of 120kg, which was the goal I set myself about three years ago, when I read somewhere that a "Man" should be able to bench one and a half times his body weight.

Then, I was just under 80kg - now, I'm around 86kg, so I still have a bit further to go ...

@Timeah - thanks, but I've got all the weight plates I need for my level at the moment.

Been lifting, just not at PB level till last night:
Rep PB 3x3 130kg squats (130kg single was previous PB), last week of 6 week cycle (missed a couple of weeks, been a bit crook).
Managed 3x3 110kg pauses, and then 1x20 @ 60kg. The 20 reps after hurt more than the bigger weights!

Junta, you have a pb eryday... enlighten the brotherhood with the secrets of gainage?

Just following the Crossfit invictus comp program off there website, pb's will slow down soon, my numbers are not huge for my size so hopefully strengths keeps increasing for the next few weeks, the Crossfit opens start in 9 weeks so I think training will swing towards more cardio pretty early into the new year,