• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Cheers mate, I think I've resigned myself to knowing that my deadlift is my trump card, I'm built for it. Won't stop me busting my ass on the other lifts though...
Haha yep, I don't go anywhere without my long socks now...
I tried a 12 week PTC routine for bench maybe give one of those a go? See if sticky/tombro will write you one for $$$. I did 'digit'. Brutal but I paused 130, tng'd 135 and pressed 90 which seems to me a new base level of strength (smolov was temporary). It was fucking hard but maybe thats what you need.

I'd love to do it again but I really need to cut, belt getting tight. I think if I did I'd pause 135kg in 12 weeks no problem.

That's why you fail. You always try new things. You can't sick to a program and give it a red hot go.

I think you got it mixed up. I don't do one week of split, one week of full body, one week of push/pull, one week of german volume training etc. I stuck with a split for 5 years before i plateau'd. Afterwards, I tried throwing in some new exercises like the barbell hack-squat (not using machine), and hitting each body group 2-3 times a week.

Some other PT's at work for deadlifting. I wanted to have a crack after not deadlifting for about 4 months or so because of injury.

220x1@9 beltless PB at 83kg. All felt pretty good. :)

200kg [MENTION=9189]canned tuna[/MENTION]; ?

Wow that's very impressive after 4 months off [MENTION=7082]jzpowahz[/MENTION];

Today front squatted 3 sets of 5 @ 80kg, not that difficult. Probably could have gone a bit heavier, still a PB though.

Some other PT's at work for deadlifting. I wanted to have a crack after not deadlifting for about 4 months or so because of injury.

220x1@9 beltless PB at 83kg. All felt pretty good. :)

Nice bro, solid! I've never worn a belt too, not even 100% sure why. I just chose not to powerlift with anything that could help me, whether it be lifting straps, belts, or gloves. Not sure if its broscience or not, but I heard belts restrict ab development during heavy squats and deads.

Took 110kg for a ride on bench again tonight.
Last time was 110x4@10 touch n go. Today...110x3@9 all paused IPF standard.
This is a pb at this bodyweight. 92kg.

Tim.

Decided to try out the uni gym for free today, since SSG has moved, and if I'm going to travel as far as SSG's new location to train, I may as well go the extra mile and have somewhere I can train between classes. I'm highly likely to buy a membership there.

At the uni gym, I did 20 reps of high bar squats for 90kg. I've done that low bar before, but not high bar. So that's a high bar PB.

I also complimented two attractive girls I'd never met before on their lifting, which I guess is some sort of social flirty PB.

200kg [MENTION=9189]canned tuna[/MENTION]; ?

Wow that's very impressive after 4 months off [MENTION=7082]jzpowahz[/MENTION];

Today front squatted 3 sets of 5 @ 80kg, not that difficult. Probably could have gone a bit heavier, still a PB though.

We shall see.. hopefully

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Nice bro, solid! I've never worn a belt too, not even 100% sure why. I just chose not to powerlift with anything that could help me, whether it be lifting straps, belts, or gloves. Not sure if its broscience or not, but I heard belts restrict ab development during heavy squats and deads.

I believe there was a study recently which actually showed that belts increased core activation. Can't remember where I saw it. For me, it just "feels good". And when I compete I will use all the things that we are allowed to :)

LOL at the social PB RyanF

I feel alot tighter everywhere in the squat if i use my belt. Cant use it on deadlift as I cant get into position with it in place. Also use it for mil press. Again much tighter etc.

Tim.

The whoring continues. :D

Front squat pb again...121x2@10. Very much a real 10. Haha.

Close grip bench...106x2@9.

Good day!

Tim.

Might be a sumo convert.

Hit 240 fairly easy in my second ever sumo session.

30kg short of my best clean conventional deadlift, and diet and training has been pretty sporadic of late.

Heh.

Bench comp:

115x2@9. Arse lifted slightly on second rep..but I was happy with the speed!

Low gravity day today.

Also...deadlift:
210x2@9 with an IPF bar. Never done that before. So much harder than the texas haha.

Tim.