• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
200kg squat in comp, 252.5kg deadlift in comp (255kg pb), 557.5kg total and a 431.39 wilks coefficient score.
Pretty close to a master of sport total now. That would have been a 570 total. If I had made my second bench attempt of 115kg I would have got 567.5kg so not long now. I'll need 620kg as a 75kger to get a MS total so looking forward to getting that at my next meet.

I never really lift heavy but last Friday I tested myself with deadlifts. I attempted 160kg for 4 sets of 4. Only managed 3,3,2 then dropped the weight to 150 and did the same. I'll give it another go this week and see how I go. My back has been fried over the weekend though.

Last edited:
Nice one mate. Pain free?

Pain free. Front squats and leg press have never caused an issue when ive had this QL problem. Talking to the coach at the gym last night he seems to think it could all be coming from my si joint. :( especially seeing that I could front squat without issue (very little lean on my torso). See how we go. As long as I can one heavy wrapped session and one heavy raw session in before the comp I think ill be fine. The wrapped session I have pencilled in for the final training week on the thursday. So whats that, like 16 days. Hopefully enough time.

Tim.

Hopefully you can get those two sessions in.

Are you taking time off after the comp to have it treated?

No taking time off exactly no. Ill keep training but will be omitting back squats and deadlifts and using predominantly front squats and leg press, and block pulls, heavy weighted chins, sumo block pulls, and nuetral grip wide pullups.

Tim.

4 sets of 90kg paused bench triples for a 2.5kg paused 3RM PB.

Fuck you and your never ending progress!!! Haha.

Looking good for that comp mate. Im pause benching tomorrow night, should be interesting as its the first movement for tomorrows session.

Tim.

I've been stuck on 135kg bench, 200kg squat, and 225kg deadlift for almost a year now. I'm 88kg and if I may say so I train very aggressively and always try new things. It's pretty frustrating but I haven't given up, I probably could get them up easily if I put on weight but the ultimate goal is for a 3x bodyweight deadlift.

That's why you fail. You always try new things. You can't sick to a program and give it a red hot go.

I won't keep progressing like this forever. Things will plateau eventually. Just enjoying it while it lasts.

83kg military press. Right on the money what my calculations are.
Nice work Dicko, good job on the deadlift too.

I tried deads last night in the gym. Got to 4th set and had to abort due to blood...... Mental note- bring long socks.

Nice work Dicko, good job on the deadlift too.

I tried deads last night in the gym. Got to 4th set and had to abort due to blood...... Mental note- bring long socks.

Cheers mate, I think I've resigned myself to knowing that my deadlift is my trump card, I'm built for it. Won't stop me busting my ass on the other lifts though...
Haha yep, I don't go anywhere without my long socks now...