• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

The "I hate veges" thread

you know it's the truth though :p

Hmm...the only veggies I don't really like are mushrooms. I've been wanting to like them because of good micronutrients so maybe I should take my own advice & cook them up with some quality PB. Hmm...

a little trick with the mushrooms,

First up...Dont wash them...SOme people do this..Its crazy. there like a sponge.

Second up. IF you dont want then to water just put them in the pan and leave them be. If you keep siring them they you will draw out all the liquid.

Sauted in galic and salt... gime gime gime :)

Lately been having them grilled over the woodfire, OR taken to work pan seered, then glased with blsamic vinigar and salt then cooked back to a thick sauce. Nom nom

my real passion is pumpkin and sweet potato. my 'sneaky wedges' is roast pumpkin and sweet potato, philly cheese (instead of sour cream) and sweet chilli sauce.

some of the veggies I love the most are the ones i cannot have ... I really miss beetroot and chicory.

But yay for sweet potato ... you should try it mashed with EV coconut oil and cinnamon. To. Die. For.

So glad chocolate contains all the micronutrients I need :D

JZ, with the mushrooms (another I can't eat but don't really care): don't wash, just peel them if really big. Heat a pan, drizzle a little EVOO and ideally a bit of butter, toss in some chopped garlic, toss in the mushies. Season with salt and pepper. Cook quickly. Have ready some fresh chopped parsley (real parsley not that frilly crap). Toss that in at the end.

If you want to like them, this is one of your best chances to do so.
Crusty bread when carbing up is a good choice to mop up da juices (I miss bread too, and pasta, and pizza, all the grainy veg carriers).

Last edited:
some of the veggies I love the most are the ones i cannot have ... I really miss beetroot and chicory.

But yay for sweet potato ... you should try it mashed with EV coconut oil and cinnamon. To. Die. For.

So glad chocolate contains all the micronutrients I need :D

JZ, with the mushrooms (another I can't eat but don't really care): don't wash, just peel them if really big. Heat a pan, drizzle a little EVOO and ideally a bit of butter, toss in some chopped garlic, toss in the mushies. Season with salt and pepper. Cook quickly. Have ready some fresh chopped parsley (real parsley not that frilly crap). Toss that in at the end.

If you want to like them, this is one of your best chances to do so.
Crusty bread when carbing up is a good choice to mop up da juices (I miss bread too, and pasta, and pizza, all the grainy veg carriers).

Damm you....this has made so so hungry...And i jsut finished lunch :/

sweet potato with coconut oil and cinnamon for dinner it is

p.s which one do you use? only one ive got comes in a jar..and its all hard ( more so because its kept in the fridge)