• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

The "I hate veges" thread

I enjoy a salad with lettuce, tomatoes and cucumbers.

I eat a fair bit of broccoli, don't really love it, but don't mind it either. I have the same attitude to cauliflower and brussel sprouts, but don't eat either of these too often.

The following can be shoved up your fuarrrrrrrrrken most convenient orifice:

Carrots
Peas
Pumpkin
Celery

Fuarrrrrrrkin celery......I'd rather suck on a doorknob than a stick of celery......eeeek!!

Pumpkins ok as long as the skin is removed, I can't stand the skin. It's usually served with it on when family make roasts.

The rest of the things you listed I like :)

If you don't like a particular vegetable. Cook it as normal. Then add peanut butter.

Hope that helps.

im a vegie fiend...IF you know how to cook them...and make them taste good along with what you eating. Meat of fish..then they are awsome

This made me laugh :D

you know it's the truth though :p

Hmm...the only veggies I don't really like are mushrooms. I've been wanting to like them because of good micronutrients so maybe I should take my own advice & cook them up with some quality PB. Hmm...

you know it's the truth though :p

Hmm...the only veggies I don't really like are mushrooms. I've been wanting to like them because of good micronutrients so maybe I should take my own advice & cook them up with some quality PB. Hmm...

lol

Ohhhh I LOVE mushrooms!!

I get the button mushrooms and make 'boats' - fill them with salami bits or bacon bits and cheese and grill them! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Or sauteed mushrooms, with peanut butter, chilli, lemon grass and ginger! Mucho Fantastico!

Do it jz! :p

To keep with the spirit of this thread, mushrooms aren't veg, they are fungi... And I love fungi...

Too some disturbance of few here I've made an omelette with a feeling made of prosciutto, onion, french beans and mushrooms. Other times I use fennel, onion and mushrooms

lol

Ohhhh I LOVE mushrooms!!

I get the button mushrooms and make 'boats' - fill them with salami bits or bacon bits and cheese and grill them! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Or sauteed mushrooms, with peanut butter, chilli, lemon grass and ginger! Mucho Fantastico!

Do it jz! :p

The thought of that makes me sick. bleh!

If I try mushrooms they will be mixed with a whole heap of other veggies & stuff! No way would I try em just by themselves. It's the texture mainly. (which is weird cause I love all sorts of crazy seafood :p)

The thought of that makes me sick. bleh!

If I try mushrooms they will be mixed with a whole heap of other veggies & stuff! No way would I try em just by themselves. It's the texture mainly. (which is weird cause I love all sorts of crazy seafood :p)

Jz...you are a bit weird arent ya honey? :p

Mushrooms are delicious...there's so much goodness in those little fungi's! lol

Love it how ''veggies'' are scientifically proven....Hmmm it is the micronutrients that are proven and physiologically required, not the veggie per se. Obses people got obese from eating too many calories, not due to no veggies! Again context doesn't seem to be some peoples strong point.

With that said, I like veggies for the taste of them and they help to get dat der fibre in also ;)

Though like Bazza said, I do get annoyed at times they use up calories that could be consume better in other forms :D Oh wait pizza is a veggie!!!!

Love it how ''veggies'' are scientifically proven....Hmmm it is the micronutrients that are proven and physiologically required, not the veggie per se. Obses people got obese from eating too many calories, not due to no veggies! Again context doesn't seem to be some peoples strong point.

With that said, I like veggies for the taste of them and they help to get dat der fibre in also ;)

Though like Bazza said, I do get annoyed at times they use up calories that could be consume better in other forms :D Oh wait pizza is a veggie!!!!

True Max but it's the veggies that contain those micronutrients, as you said keep it in context.
And obese people get obese from generally eating too many calorie dense foods.

True Max but it's the veggies that contain those micronutrients, as you said keep it in context.
And obese people get obese from generally eating too many calorie dense foods.
Yes (micronutrients) are found in meat and grains also etc..... ;)

Steak is calorie dense, cheese is calorie dense, almonds are calorie dense etc etc etc..... ;)

See context ;)

Last edited:
Yes (micronutrients) are found in meat and grains also etc..... ;)

Steak are calorie dense, cheese is calorie dense, almonds are calorie dense etc etc etc..... ;)

See context ;)

This is what people don't get micronutrients are also found in pizza and ice cream.