• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

The "I hate veges" thread

CaT_SPeW

extra crispy
As a kid I hated veges I gagged when I ate them but now I eat most of them only because i know they are good for me although I'm yet to see any solid scientific evidence of this.

My most hated veges are brocolli, cauliflower and brussel sprouts recently I discovered "okra" and fuck me the texture if this is horrible like a big wad of phlegm in your mouth. If I had it my way the only veges I would eat are potato chips, corn chips and tomato sauce.....

I just hate how eating them takes up calories that could be put towards more useful food groups like ice cream.

I love all my veggies! Especially the dark green ones
Of course it's been proven that they're good for you, containing many of the essential vitamins and minerals your body needs.

We used to get half a plate of peas when we were younger, I used to sneak them into my pocket and flush them down the toilet when I went. Fcuk I hate peas!

My dad used to work near flemington markets, on Fridays he used to take the car and collect alot of the veges that were left around on loading docks when the day finished. All I can remember from this time in my life, is gritty broccoli, took me up until last year to actually eat it again......

My mum used to make runny mashed potato every night to go with our peas and sausages. One day I was so sick of mashed potato that I poured blue food colouring in as to turn everyone off it and my mum would have to make something else.
She still made us eat it.....blue mashed potato.......

When I was a kid, mum threatened that I'd go without dessert which always prompted a swift empty dinner plate.

I never liked brocolli or cauliflower as a kid, I've since learnt that it wasn't the veges I disliked it was the white sauce everyone puts on them - I cant stand it. I love broc and cauli now, as long as they dont have white sauce on them.

I still can't stand asparagus, brussel sprouts, baked beans, zuchinni, egg plant. I'm not big on spinach or mushrooms but I'll eat them.

This still leaves plenty of other veges I do like. I also like every fruit except for figs.

I looooooove potatoes, they're my favorite vege. In jackets, mashed, roasted, steamed, cut into chips and bbq'd... I like them any way they come.

I love all my veggies! Especially the dark green ones
Of course it's been proven that they're good for you, containing many of the essential vitamins and minerals your body needs.

It's a well known fact among us vege haters that members of the vege lovers union have used incorrect and biased studies for years to try and brain wash the average joe into thinking Veges are healthy. Looks like they got to you too....

It's a well known fact among us vege haters that members of the vege lovers union have used incorrect and biased studies for years to try and brain wash the average joe into thinking Veges are healthy. Looks like they got to you too....

Hahaha bastards!

Ah veggies, what can't they do
Most of the obese people's weight gain was without the use of veggies too!

.... l read the thread title as 'I Hate Vegas"... was about to come in here and get all e-thug.... Carry on though.

i love veges, except brussel sprouts and peas (the ones in the pod still) they just taste like plant.

I'm not necessarily a veggies lover, but I always feel allot better when i eat a mix of them regularly. I have no idea of the science on whether they are good for you or not. I just started eating them because they are low in calories and I get full when I eat allot of them. And everything works better for me as well, my digestion, energy and general well being all get better.

Just steamed some brocolli, melted some butter on that shit then cracked some pepper... Tasted fucking om nom nom

I love veggies, but I find the way most people cook them disturbing. The way my old flatmate did it made me want to barf and I think that's the way they are cooked in most Aussie homes.

Putting in an effort to make nice stir fry, French sauce or some Italian recipe makes them pretty awesome.

Now I'm having some bok choy with oyster sauce. Takes 5min to make and it's pretty good. I've to say, tomatoes are my fav veg, not the green stuff sold at Coles and woolies. But the vine ripped ones.

My missus whips up book choy in oyster sauce and sesame oil it's awesome, she also does brocollini in garlic, olive oil and chilli. I hate brocolli but I like brocollini lol