• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Supplements - what do you take?

Milo when ever i can(shut up it is so a suppliment :p). Was on fish oil capsules and a multi vitamin.

How long does fish oil last once open anyway? I have had some since early June would it still be good??? (I went to the states for a holiday and didnt finish it all)

I bought mine in September and the expirey date is in 2011, so they are good for at least 2 years if not more. Check the expiration date on yours.

is the expirey date still valid once open? I know with milk or juice the expirey only means anything as long as it hasnt been opened.

Hvent been on anything for awhile may get some more multi vitamins and fish oil caps. Should i be thinking about any protien or anything? I guess my question is when is a good time to start taking stuff. The multi and fish oil are for general health nothing to do with body building.

Protein powders are not essential. You do not have to take it. I take it only when I feel I have not had enough protein but if I can get enough through diet I will skip out on the powder. However I take Amino's pre, intra and post workout.

i only use protein powder and thats horleys whey concentrate i think. (red one lol)
all my mates reckon its bull and buy all this american shit i never heard of
and ive found horleys has helped heaps

i also mixed in flaxseed oil into my daily shake for about 2 weeks but i couldn't stand the taste and stopped

Generally I just stick to the proven basics:

Meat, Meat and more Meat!

ok..
so i throw a few protein shakes, creatine, multivitamins and fish oil in there too. :D with the occasional experimentation to keep things interesting

did i mention meat?

Tribulas x 5 tabs before breakfast.
Musashi Protein Powder with 500ml of Skim milk x 3 daily.
Creatine 5 g x 4
Black Widow growth formula at night.
1 dozen eggs daily, 12 whites 2 yolks.

far too much creatine. Why not eat all the eggs? Spread the tribulas throught the day (although it does jack anyway). Musashi is crap and overpriced. Black widow..hmmm better of with some Calcium Cassein.

So my friend you have a bit of learning to do.

I think people take too much stuff in general.

Nothing wrong with suppliments just dont go overboard.

protein powder and creatine, an sometimes superpump if im feeling low on energy before a work out..

40g of protein isolate after workouts
the occasional N.O. xplode before workouts
other than that i eat ALOT
oh yeh and 1 magnesium tablet daily

Currently on:

Fitness Central creatine (5g), 30min pre, and post workout.
Fitness Central EAA (18g) about 15min pre, and post workout.
Evolve fast Whey (20g) about 30min pre, and post workout
A high GI carb, normally juice (250ml = 20g of carbs), 30min pre and post workout.

I coppied this system off a member on BB forums who went through alot of research papers, and came up with this system being one of the best. My quantities are a little off, but I found it really does work.

Cup of black coffee on those days where I need a bit of a kick.
40g of Evolve Nocturnal before bed. Will be replaced with Fitness Central Micellar Milk Protein when it arrives tomorrow.
B group Vits, and a multi Vit. Take one in the morning, and the other at about midday.

Things ive tried in the past include Tribulus and HMB. Both had no apparant effect on me at the time. I cycled both for about 6weeks.

I have a tub of Nutrabolics NOZ fullthrottle that I picked up cheap that I might start to try. Once I finish that I will head towards a "Real" preworkout drink in addition to my above combination.

vit B,C,E
zinc caps (only after really exhausting myself beyond norm)
Fish oil caps
pre BCAA, WPC post (this seems to work really well for me)

I'm actually cutting weight right now to make weight so my orientation with supps is only for improved recovery time, otherwise i'd eat steak n chicken and avoid too many supps.

also trying out some l-carnitine to try reduce fat further

vit B,C,E
also trying out some l-carnitine to try reduce fat further

Latest studies show that is isnt effective at all in losing weight. However, it does give you a bit of an enegery kick.

-Protein powder-WPC/WPI blend. unflavoured- (just add milo).
-Creatine mono
-BCAA's (occasionally post workout)
-multi vitamin
-Fish oil.
-Caffeine. (for a boost if i need)
-FOOD.

Also, just bought-
-Beta alanine
-Arginine
-CEE
-Glutamine
-Dextrose