• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Supplements - what do you take?

There are many benfits of fish oil such as:
General Promotion of good health
Releif of osteoarthritic* pain
Maintanence of healthy heart
Anti inflammatory properties
Reduce joint infammation
+ many other things too numerous too mention.

RE:BCAA's
If your diet is high in protein and your PP has added BCAA's i see no need for extra BCAA tabs.
However if on cal deficit BCAA's can be useful in preserving muscle mass.

Cheers

it's cheap because there are no fancy mark-ups. there are minmal overheads and all the middlemen are cut out and I bet you received your goods within 2-3 days.

Cheers bro.

Most important supplements

Think the most important supplements are:

Protein Powder
L-Glutamine
Tribulus
Arginine (Nitric Oxide imitator)
And if you find it hard to put on weight such as myself some Carb Poly Powder is great for bulking up.

I find Muscle Liquid the best for tribulus intake (even though it tastes terrible)
Found a great cheap site for the stuff. Elitebody.com.au :):):)

yeah.
ordered friday, arrived this morning at 7:30am.

I thought maybe it wasn't pure as they were advertising or something. Like it would make me bloated how so many people claim. But no, this is great stuff.

Think the most important supplements are:

Protein Powder
L-Glutamine
Tribulus
Arginine (Nitric Oxide imitator)
And if you find it hard to put on weight such as myself some Carb Poly Powder is great for bulking up.

I find Muscle Liquid the best for tribulus intake (even though it tastes terrible)
Found a great cheap site for the stuff. Elitebody.com.au :):):)
L-Glutamine has not scietific backing that it does anything in healthy people. It may have some benefit to boost the immune system in unhealthy people.
Tribulus dies not work.. period
Arginine, I'm still skeptical on , but may have some benfits, although very rarely will they use l-Arginine for N.O production, they will use AAKG or AAE.
Poly carb is just matlodextrin if I'm not mistaken, why not just eat more carb like oats, potato etc?

Protein Powder is the only supp I woulkd use on your list buddy.

P.S. Arginine does not imitate Nitric Oxide, it is a pre-cursor to Nitiric Oxide

Do some more research.

I would say
Creatine
Fish Oil
Multi Vitamin
Maybe a stimulant for lethargic days (I like AMPV2)

I would place as being more important.

I'm a believer in Arginine, but it isn't going to make a huge difference like creatine. (i know they don't do the same thing, I mean in terms of how effective they are for their respective uses)

L-Arginine - What You Need to Know About L-Arginine

Arginine plays a key role in cell division and is therefore required to ensure the liver, joints, muscles (including the heart) and skin are healthy. It also acts to remove ammonia from the body and regulate many hormonal processes in the body, including male fertility.
Vital for muscle metabolism, arginine aids weight loss by facilitating increased muscle mass and reduced body fat. (from Arginine - Health Brands Australia)

Arginine is known to stimulate growth hormone release and has been said to increase muscle mass and fat loss (especially when combined with ornithine). Human growth hormone is secreted by a gland in the brain and has a direct effect on metabolism by increasing the levels of fat and glucose burnt for energy. Growth hormone also has an anabolic (building-up) effect, promoting protein formation, tissue growth and wound healing. Studies have shown that oral supplementation with Arginine alone does not stimulate growth hormone release.

Ammonia is known to increase in the blood during exercise, which can promote the formation of lactic acid. This can build up in muscles during exercise and result in fatigue and muscle soreness. Arginine facilitates the release of ammonia from the body via the urine, although it has not been shown to significantly decrease ammonia build-up when taken during exercise. (from health point)

MedlinePlus Herbs and Supplements: Arginine (L-arginine) Refer to the table titled "Uses based on scientific evidence"

if you want more, just ask, I'll supply more links.

I also find personally that it works rather strongly in regards to the NO argument. But that is just me and only when I take pure arginine before a workout.

I don't see much use it taking it alone though. It is good when used in combination with things.

Also as someone else on this forum found out, if you take too much you will be sitting on the toilet all day, so if there is enough arginine in your protein shake and other supplements, it is not going to benefit you to take pure arginine.

hahaha, all well and good to post a few links, but What do you take it for?
Stimulate GH?
N.O pre-cursor?
or just for the other health benefits?

I've supplemented with straight L-Arginine and can't really say I noticed anything different.

If i was to use it I would use 5gms combined with L-Ornithine before bed as a GH secretagogue. Other than that if I wantd to take a pre-workout supp there a plenty pre-workout supps with other goodies in them like Beta Alanine, Citrulline malate etc etc I would take instead.

Cheers.

hahaha, all well and good to post a few links, but What do you take it for?
Stimulate GH?
N.O pre-cursor?
or just for the other health benefits?

I've supplemented with straight L-Arginine and can't really say I noticed anything different.

If i was to use it I would use 5gms combined with L-Ornithine before bed as a GH secretagogue. Other than that if I wantd to take a pre-workout supp there a plenty pre-workout supps with other goodies in them like Beta Alanine, Citrulline malate etc etc I would take instead.

Cheers.

Sorry I misunderstood your post.

I used it in different ways for the same purpose to be honest.

I did combine with 5gms with L-Ornithine before bed.

I also read some studies that showed significant results for the same purpose when 5gm is combined with lysine first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. So I tried this.

They both tasted terrible, but I saw some results from both.

But at the same time, they are a minor assistant. You get better results from creatine, BCAAs and protein. So since I don't compete I don't need those minute extra's, it's not worth the cost.

Yeah, I think the cost to benefit ratio isn't there.
We all live and learn. God only knows the amount of supps I've tried over the years.

Thanks Bro.
I'll try to help out where I can from my experiences rather than secong hand knowledge.

Hows the White Flood working for you?

hey sorry for the late reply. To be honest its not that great, the taste is horrible. I like the tingle that you get tho lol, but I like animal pump better.

cheers