• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Strength conditioning with a tyre..

You don't have to Google but your denying yourself the most productive resource

This is my point why would you use a tyre for conditioning for league. Do you ever flip a tyre while playing league. You only have limited amount of time and recovery abilities to train. Unless injured your conditioning should be specific for your sport otherwise you are wasting time and energy.

thats like saying you dont need assistance, why row if you never row at a powerlifting meet? risk of bicep tear is too high.... its not like you row doin a deadlift

You don't have to Google but your denying yourself the most productive resource

Return to the stone age and use Yahoo.

Tell ya what I'm showing my age now but I remember using encyclopedias as a reference. All the under 20's are sitting at home reading this googling encyclowhat????

To the op tyre flips are awesome, who gives a fuck about footy tyre flip cause that shit is bad arse.

thats like saying you dont need assistance, why row if you never row at a powerlifting meet? risk of bicep tear is too high.... its not like you row doin a deadlift

No it's not. You are trying to compare assistance for a strength exercise to conditioning for a game of footy. Totally different things.

Still you or no one else has answered what extra benefits tyre flips will give over other less risky exercise.

Last edited:
Again you are getting confused I never said they don't have benefit. I even asked the question what extra benefit do they have over other less risky exercises which you can't seem to answer apart from they are awesome which isn't an answer. All you have done reversed the question to me as in what exercises are better than tyre flips. That all depends on what are you trying to achieve with tyre flips. Strength, conditioning, skill ect.

Being awesome is an answer i answered it a few times:D the risk is fuck all do you or have you played? if u trained with no risk u would be playing park footy all your life people dont realise there is a fuck load of full contact shit (in the higher grades)you do during the week every week and that has alot more risk compared to tyre flips. and you didnt answer my question. strength, conditioning, speed all of the above they will work what would you suggest my friend?

Ffs

The day the awesome activity of tyre flipping is introduced into footy is the day we introduce it into training nights.

Till then it is a waste of time.

Some of the conversations had on this forum tickle me.

Ffs

The day the awesome activity of tyre flipping is introduced into footy is the day we introduce it into training nights.

Till then it is a waste of time.

Some of the conversations had on this forum tickle me.

I get all agro when I'm tickled Goose :D

If tyre flipping is so fucking awesome, then, why you would you not see strongmen dominating in all sports.

Think about that for a minute if you can.

If tyre flipping is so fucking awesome, then, why you would you not see strongmen dominating in all sports.

Think about that for a minute if you can.

Because the other sports are beneath them... Seriously, a world class strongman could probably just walk down a rugby field and ignore the gnats trying to tackle him :)

Being awesome is an answer i answered it a few times:D the risk is fuck all do you or have you played? if u trained with no risk u would be playing park footy all your life people dont realise there is a fuck load of full contact shit (in the higher grades)you do during the week every week and that has alot more risk compared to tyre flips. and you didnt answer my question. strength, conditioning, speed all of the above they will work what would you suggest my friend?

Another retarded answer. Sure footy is risky, no shit so why risk extra unnecessary injury through stupid training. Makes fucking no sense to me getting injured training doesn't help your game at all.

Squats and deads shit all over tyre flips for strength. Less risk of injury and much easier to incrementally load and increase strength. Sure they are not without risk but they are a better strength exercise and carry less risk. Win, win.

Conditioning. Various running and training drills are much better than tyre flips for conditioning. Conditioning should be specific for your sport.

Speed. Lol. Ok what improve your speed for what. Tyre flips. Well fucking done. Pity no one tyre flips on a footy field. Try sprints and jumps for speed because that's what you do when you play footy. Even powercleans are a much better speed/power exercise than tyre flip.

Enough of the tyre flips are awesome answer it means nothin and makes you sound like a stupid try hard Jim Wendler.