• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Strength conditioning with a tyre..

wheels

So been using Jim wendlers 5/3/1 now for a month and am loving it. League pre season is around the corner and I've scored myself a tractor tyre. I know you can do tyre flips, tyre drags and use a sledge hammer. Any other suggestions? I wanna come into next season as fast strong and as fit as I have ever been :)

Sent from my GT-S5570 using Tapatalk 2

Had thoughts of rolling it to the park. No walls there

Nah I live a couple of minutes walk to the park. Downhill so taking the bastard home after training will be interesting Haha

so why not punch it, then take it to the park, doing tyre flips of course, do whatever else you wanted to do, then flip it back uphill

fair enough

but realistically wouldnt you want to flip it as if its a clean? ie not rowing it to lift? but i suppose as fatigue sets in you cant help it bacause of how the tyre actually moves when being flipped

fair enough

but realistically wouldnt you want to flip it as if its a clean? ie not rowing it to lift? but i suppose as fatigue sets in you cant help it bacause of how the tyre actually moves when being flipped

I've never seen anyone flip a tyre as if its a clean. Don't see how it's possible.

If your sport is strongman you have no choice but to do tyre flips but anyone else would be better off with other stuff.

In saying that people can do what they want. If they really want to do tyre flips do them but realise there are better alternatives and that they carry a decent injury risk.

really? when i first flipped a tyre my first thought of how to flip it was with straight arms, drive the hips through, the momentum took the tyre to where i could just turn my hands around on it and push it over?

really? when i first flipped a tyre my first thought of how to flip it was with straight arms, drive the hips through, the momentum took the tyre to where i could just turn my hands around on it and push it over?

Two things, it was obviously a light tyre.

Second, how do you flip a tyre with a overhand grip, eg like a clean. You can't you have to do it underhand, that's where the bicep tear risk comes from.

Two things, it was obviously a light tyre.

Second, how do you flip a tyre with a overhand grip, eg like a clean. You can't you have to do it underhand, that's where the bicep tear risk comes from.

gingerbread and i agreed on about 100ish kg we 'borrowed' it fromt he tyre joint across the road so dont know its exact weight

i doubt if he plans on casually taking it down to the park a few minutes down te road that its going to be a insanely heavy tyre

Unless you are training for strongman not sure about tyre flips being worth the risk.

Yeah huge risk! wtf! tyre flips are awesome sledge hammer work is sweet just do it up and down the street fuck takeing it down to the oval. get a small tyre and do some tyre pulls sprints walks whatever that should smash u up pretty good.