• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Strength conditioning with a tyre..

Tyre flipping risky? Lol.

Tyres are pretty great for conditioning IMO. And a very versatile piece of equipment.

Ok first thing. I like doing tyre flips, I reckon they are fun and I get that injuries are rare but they do happen and with tyre flips more than others.

For them to be worth the risk for a league player they need to have some unique benefit specific for his sport over other exercises which have less chance of injury. I'm not seeing it.

Good thing about tyre flips is the variation it brings to your regime. If you jog, you can jog past your local football club and do some as part of a conditioning routine, my local pool also has a large tyre for flipping. It gets you into the great outdoors.

Outdoors; pack up a ute with your weights, bar etc and workout in the great outdoors with a mate or two - great if you have bush nearby.

In all seriousness, locking in to anything else other than your sport is limiting and should be avoided.

You train to enhance your skill

You lift weight to improve strength and flexibility.

What happens on Saturday is all that matters.

I saw a monster truck tyre at a bootcamp place near mine, I wonder what they were planning to do with that.

I see truck tyres thrown out near my house on a weekly basis, would standard big truck tyres be anygood for sledging?

least i know im not going retarded with wingers also thinking a flip is like a clean, an freako laughing at the idea of risk hahaha

I see truck tyres thrown out near my house on a weekly basis, would standard big truck tyres be anygood for sledging?

Gotta be better than nothing, and its free, tie a rope or chain around the sucker and drag it too, once your done or find a better tyre roll it back down the street to where ya found it,

least i know im not going retarded with wingers also thinking a flip is like a clean, an freako laughing at the idea of risk hahaha

Ill say it again if your tyre flip looks like a clean you have a fucking hideous clean. Cal a 100kg tyre is a fucking feather.

There is even an elitefts vid talking about proper tyre clean form to avoid bicep tear then when he demonstrates it he still lifts it with bent arms.

Googled tyre flip vids. First one that popped up.
http://youtu.be/5BwNqyp-rJI

Lol I hope your cleans don't looks like that. I get it, not the best video but that's what heavy tyre flips turn into.

No one had given me a reason why a serious league player should be doing tyre flips. What benefit do they have over less risky exercise. If your just a shit kicker weekend player do what you want but if your doing league/afl or anything apart from strongman seriously there are better exercises for strength or conditioning.

Ok first thing. I like doing tyre flips, I reckon they are fun and I get that injuries are rare but they do happen and with tyre flips more than others.

For them to be worth the risk for a league player they need to have some unique benefit specific for his sport over other exercises which have less chance of injury. I'm not seeing it.

What part of this exercise wouldn't benefit a league player or anyone trying to get stronger or faster or fitter or whatever. maybe he should stick long walks on the beach and stamp collecting.

What part of this exercise wouldn't benefit a league player or anyone trying to get stronger or faster or fitter or whatever. maybe he should stick long walks on the beach and stamp collecting.

You are not reading what I am saying. I am not saying they would be of no benefit. I am saying there are other exercises that give the same benefit but with less risk so why would a league player do them.

You are not reading what I am saying. I am not saying they would be of no benefit. I am saying there are other exercises that give the same benefit but with less risk so why would a league player do them.

Because they are awesome, free and fuck u up big time!

Because they are awesome, free and fuck u up big time!

If your only answer to why would you do tyre flips for a league player when other exercises give the same benefit for less risk is because they are awesome proves my point.

You are not recommending them to a league player for there benefits over other types of training you are recommending them because you enjoy them and that's fine, so do I but that doesn't make them ideal for a league player.

whatever mate maybe you do exercises you like doing but i do them for there benefit and if they are not going to help me or whoever i am training reach their goals then it doesnt get done. you keep saying there are better options what are they? its good to do shit like this to keep you from getting bored with training because it can become a chore.

whatever mate maybe you do exercises you like doing but i do them for there benefit and if they are not going to help me or whoever i am training reach their goals then it doesnt get done. you keep saying there are better options what are they? its good to do shit like this to keep you from getting bored with training because it can become a chore.

Again you are getting confused I never said they don't have benefit. I even asked the question what extra benefit do they have over other less risky exercises which you can't seem to answer apart from they are awesome which isn't an answer. All you have done reversed the question to me as in what exercises are better than tyre flips. That all depends on what are you trying to achieve with tyre flips. Strength, conditioning, skill ect.

Ill say it again if your tyre flip looks like a clean you have a fucking hideous clean. Cal a 100kg tyre is a fucking feather.

There is even an elitefts vid talking about proper tyre clean form to avoid bicep tear then when he demonstrates it he still lifts it with bent arms.

Googled tyre flip vids. First one that popped up.
LW Strongman - 1150 tire flip - YouTube

Lol I hope your cleans don't looks like that. I get it, not the best video but that's what heavy tyre flips turn into.

No one had given me a reason why a serious league player should be doing tyre flips. What benefit do they have over less risky exercise. If your just a shit kicker weekend player do what you want but if your doing league/afl or anything apart from strongman seriously there are better exercises for strength or conditioning.
never said it wasnt a feather
if your using it as conditioning for league or whatever you would only want like 150 to be similar to flipping some islander dude muhuhahaha
and on the topic of conditioning you would want a lighter tyre so you can do multiple reps very fast, that was obviously a 1rm tyre flip, unless your a strongman who the fuck cares how much you can flip, unless you can flip a car, that would be bad ass

never said it wasnt a feather
if your using it as conditioning for league or whatever you would only want like 150 to be similar to flipping some islander dude muhuhahaha
and on the topic of conditioning you would want a lighter tyre so you can do multiple reps very fast, that was obviously a 1rm tyre flip, unless your a strongman who the fuck cares how much you can flip, unless you can flip a car, that would be bad ass

This is my point why would you use a tyre for conditioning for league. Do you ever flip a tyre while playing league. You only have limited amount of time and recovery abilities to train. Unless injured your conditioning should be specific for your sport otherwise you are wasting time and energy.