• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then that is your choice, as stated it was merely a suggestion.

As to who's good and who's not good that is a matter of perception, someone posted an article on this site a while back about little pink Dumbbells - whilst many of us would consider those easy or that person "weak" we know not what that individuals background is or the struggle each individual has been through to get them to, in the eyes of another "not any good" or "mediocre". Just because an individual can't deadlift X amount of weight. Doesn't make them any less of a person.

In relation to your choice to defend yourself (or not) again that is your choice, not about whether I respect you or I don't. I have no reason to judge you - I've never met you. I have read some things you posted on an Internet forum, that is all.

At high school, I could never run long distances. In the open category I would come maybe 2nd or 3rd in the 100m sprint - in the 200m, maybe 6th or 7th. I could rarely do 400m without walking for a few seconds. I couldn't run a full 800m.

I was very much an anaerobic person.

One of my greatest "achievements" was as an adult when I thought, screw this, I can do better. So I trained for 4 months before the 10km Bridge to Brisbane. I had a goal of 50 minutes, I came in just over 53 minutes.

That's a pretty mediocre result. But for me, it represented a lot more because I knew what I'd done to get there. That opened up a whole new realm, now I was asking myself, OK what can I achieve NOW?

Beating myself has generally always provided more satisfaction than beating someone else.

Then that is your choice, as stated it was merely a suggestion.

As to who's good and who's not good that is a matter of perception, someone posted an article on this site a while back about little pink Dumbbells - whilst many of us would consider those easy or that person "weak" we know not what that individuals background is or the struggle each individual has been through to get them to, in the eyes of another "not any good" or "mediocre". Just because an individual can't deadlift X amount of weight. Doesn't make them any less of a person.

In relation to your choice to defend yourself (or not) again that is your choice, not about whether I respect you or I don't. I have no reason to judge you - I've never met you. I have read some things you posted on an Internet forum, that is all.

thats your total in a comp?165-115-180@74?.

Ha ha bloody [MENTION=15762]El Testicle[/MENTION]; I knew someone was going to pick up on that.
[MENTION=17952]joeblowforshow[/MENTION]; that's exactly what I'm saying mate (sorry for the thread hijack [MENTION=6618]spartacus[/MENTION]; ) it's easy to say this person is "no good" or that person is "mediocre".

My max deadlift to date is 180kg and I was fucking elated when I got it. Some people use that as part of their warm up. Do I care? Not a single fuck is given at all. For a skinny kid 56-58kg growing up for me to be able to achieve that was great.

To judge someone with no idea of that persons history, their story etc. Based on one single facet of that persons existence seems a little narrow minded.

Last edited:
thats your total in a comp?165-115-180@74?.

No, that's max individual lifts in a gym. I have only competed once.

Squat was done 1st time using a mono lift in preparation for a comp and was to be my opener on that day. [MENTION=7738]Timeah[/MENTION]; was there operating the mono.
Bench was TnG.

Both were done at about 72kg

Deadlift was done at 74kg roughly.

Last edited:
No, that's max individual lifts in a gym. I have only competed once.

Squat was done 1st time using a mono lift in preparation for a comp and was to be my opener on that day. @Timeah ; was there operating the mono.
Bench was TnG.

Both were done at about 72kg

Deadlift was done at 74kg roughly.

so the squat was wrapped knees,no walk out?..that bench is quite good...deadlifts ok.good job.

Last edited:
Met up with old gerrydot on the weekend and gave him some sound advice, a mate caught the moment on camera:

MACE___In_Yo_Face_by_Ugleboi.jpg

so lets recap shall we.

Sparta angry at me laughing at him in the other thread decides to throw done the gauntlet and challenge me to a contest despite currently squatting only 70 kgs for reps.calls me all sorts of names and questions my ability to accept challenges.is joined by other numnuts who probably if they currently all combined their total wouldnt scratch the poo off a fly.

me in my wisdom decide that hes not worth the bother.and award him the victory.he wins by crushing defeat.i leave suitably chastened by this experience of being gang groped by schmoes.

hopefully ill learn from this.thank you guys so much.

Last edited:
theres absolutely no need to celebrate so damn loudly.cant you see im commiserating after being given this absolute thrashing.please tone it down.

im this close to retiring now.i cant take being beaten so comprehensively..so quickly.

Cmon gez, get back on the horse. You've got all year to post three lifts. Nothing to be afraid of. Even if you were to lose, you'd still have a lot more respect around here than you currently have... And what if you win?!

Cmon gez, get back on the horse. You've got all year to post three lifts. Nothing to be afraid of. Even if you were to lose, you'd still have a lot more respect around here than you currently have... And what if you win?!

let me make this clear.in terms of open lifting im not that good.theres quite a few guys better than me @83 and @93.some are much better.i respect their superiority.

In terms of masters lifting,and this is meant as no disrespect to my fellow masters lifters as its an easier standard to win,im quite good.

compared to a someone like yourself and other people who have disrespected me throughout this thread.im a much better powerlifter.you see what im getting at here?

you probably dont...carry on.it would be annoying to me if someone like you would demand my respect without actually doing something worthwhile yourself.but its not annoying.because who the hell are you anyway?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.