• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Sleep Supplements

keeping relevant to the topic, absolutely valium is not a hypnotic, its a muscle relaxant, much like alcohol as your doctor pointed out

Well back in my clubbing days I could get on it, take 5mg of valium and sleep for 12 hours straight. I would say it does has a hypnotic effect.

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

It does have a hypnotic effect at higher dosages. C_T is right that it shouldn't be used for that purpose though.

Also, wiki is actually more accurate than encyclopaedia britannica these days.

I can work on 2.5mg of Valium but 5mg knocks me out. In saying that, I wouldn't drive on any dose or operate machinery.

I'll add that I had valium prescribed to target the cause of my sleep problem, not target my sleep directly.

Have had 15mg of valium and little effect... maybe helps me get to sleep a little better, but after that training in the morning is a little compromised.

still waiting for that apology ass wipe... calling me out and having me school your doctor, i realise its not a good look. not my problem you use wiki and doubt.

but i deliver real information that helps people, so you better wisen up.

eating a full meal has a hypnotic effect. you want to call a full meal a hypnotic?

hey doc, technically thats true, right?! :D

listen, get your doc involved, but i know what im talking about, you on the other hand are like paparazzi. no idea.

edit: im not here to drive you off scared, im trying to help and inform those 10yrs behind the times. hell magazines are making people even further backwards. someone has to be normal.

Last edited:
and i know more than any gp about sleep medicine period.

how long does a gp spend in sleep medicine training? 4hrs? ive been in the field 14yrs. gtfo of here, douce bag.

you don't deserve my help.

So, seeing your an expert on this.

How when i took to much valium one time did i wind up unconcious for 20hrs straight. Seeing it has no hypnotic effect.

Explain

because like alcohol you have an afinity to it, but for a great example, i can take 30mg and just lay there with a huge smile and not sleep for hours.

its more about tolerance bth, what your talking about

Last edited:
you have no tolerance so it knocks you out.

normal people that doesn't happen, its not known for its hypnotic effects. its a side product of, does that make sense to you?

im pretty much over trying to educate someone who treats me like ass in return

ask your smart ass doctor. is my response now. and garanteed his sleep response will be from a book, instead of thousands of personal studies.

maybe you should ask me some relavent shit, since without my research, there is less sleep results! period

Nope had a pretty good tolerance to it. I never asked to be educated by you, i think your wrong and you have shown no credentials as to why i should listen to you.

Im going to stick with personal experience, everything i have read and what drs have told me.