• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Sleep Supplements

I've used stillnox (a drug). Works for a few nights to change your pattern but then you become dependent. Hence, I would recommend using it only for a few nights.

na not at all. tried it, melatonin, and a few others. the only thing that helped me was restavit

This is apparently good but I havnt been able to find it here. MrSupplement never has it in stock. Bodybuilding.com wont ship it to aus so im not to sure if I want to try buy it from o/s.

Infinite Labs Cyclo Rem HP - MrSupplement.com.au

Contains gaba, 5htp, zma, melatonin and dmg. Never heard of dmg before but the other stuff is meant to help with sleep. I find zma, gaba and 5htp works well together so I would imagine this stuff would work.

magnesium is supposed to help. take it at night and preferably as magnesium chelate.

I use herbs of gold magnesium powder.

i didn't take it for that purpose but found that it did actually help with sleep (as I'm a dreadful insomniac).

so a most welcome bonus for me.

Everyone responds differently though. I know someone who finds valerian really good and others for whom it does SFA.

Try to stay away from prescription stuff if you can. they can be more trouble than they are worth and have some potentially serious side effects for some people.

I take melatonin, seems to work for me. ZMA I find is useless.

And if I really am desperate for some good sleep, a quarter tab of restavit knocks me out.

I used to go for prescription shit as well but they make me feel like a crackhead the next day, so kinda defeats the purpose!

I've tried everything over the years I'm a fucking chronic insomniac. Nothing puts you into deep sleep without having a carry-over to your performance in the morning.

If I wanna be put out about the strongest over the counter is phenergan. That shit knocks you out harder then Mike Tyson. But you pay for it the next day when you feel like a uncoordinated moron, falling asleep at the wheel on the way to work.

best thing for sleep is sex ,without fail sleep very well afterwards

Yeah but the whores always kick me out before I get any decent shut eye.

I might start a petition there shouldn't be pillows in knock shops.

I didnt ask about fucking. Clearly I asked about sleep supplements.
Keep the smut to your own threads! :mad:

restavit for me
i found that blackmores stuff to be useless , bottle said take 2-3 3mins before sleeping , first night it did nothing , so second night i upped the dossage to 4-6 tablets , still nothing , 3rd night upped again still nothing , 4th night i was ready to take the rest of the bottle , but chucked it in the bin as it was crap

Im giving the Valerian a try tonight, I recieved samples recently but Ive noticed a few Vitamins sold in the supermarket (Swiss) don't contain a tonne of other stuff

Swisse Sleep
EACH TABLET CONTAINS:Magnesium 6.4 mg (magnesium orotate 100 mg)
EXTRACTS EQUIVALENT TO DRY:Hops (Humulus lupulus flower 200 mg)China root (Poria cocos fruiting body 50 mg)Anemarrhena asphodeloids root 50 mg
STANDARDISED EXTRACTS EQUIVALENT TO DRY:Valerian (Valeriana officinalis root 1.3 g, valerenic acid 2.6 mg)Licorice (Glycyrrhiza glabra root & stolon 50 mg, glycyrrhizinic acid 2.5 mg)

So confused!

A glass of red wine is sounding good!

forgot to mention that i also use nutmeg , about a teaspoon or two into a glass of milk does the trick

forgot to mention that i also use nutmeg , about a teaspoon or two into a glass of milk does the trick

:eek:
How do you stomach that!

OT: There used to be a slow girl that worked in a Bakery that adjoined my work. Her sole job was to make Custard tarts. She'd sprinkle copious amounts of nutmeg on these tarts and the smell would filter everywhere because the custard mixture was still steaming hot. To this day, since leaving that place, I get ill when I smell nutmeg and havent eaten a custard tart since!!

Restavit is good but looses effectiveness if you take it couple of nights in a row..2 tabs will leave you drowsy as fuck next day so recommend just one unless desperate for sleep.

Melatonin is decent feel more relaxed next day but really got to pop 5 or so lol.

Fusion 'sleep' herbal tabs better than valerian bit exxy though.

Magnesium tabs are ok only noticed a slight difference after several days of use.

Chronic insomniac here with no sleep pattern at all from doing shift work hours that change twice a week...

I found ZMA helped and Restavit/Dozile also. I had a horrible night last night so have just popped two Doziles now. I'll probably need another two later on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk