• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Shin splints theory

Just a quick update, played today after about 4 days of taking vitamin tablets, splints improved vastly, still there but could run properly again. Hopefully things will continue to improve

Glad they improved but I really doubt I would be giving the credit to 4 days of vitamin tablets.

I'm not saying that. But the extra vitamins definitely wouldn't of hurt. Considering I haven't done much else about it this week and they have improved vastly, why wouldn't it be the tablets? I'd say they have helped me a great deal

I'm not saying that. But the extra vitamins definitely wouldn't of hurt. Considering I haven't done much else about it this week and they have improved vastly, why wouldn't it be the tablets? I'd say they have helped me a great deal

It's unlikely it's a vitamin deficiency causing shin splints.

Even if it was vitamin deficiency its gonna take more than 4 days to make any difference.

Most injuries improve on there own, its really no surprise it has started to get better.

The only cause of shin splints is bad running technique.

I don't know where you got that from but shin splints can be caused by over training, lack of certain nutrients, bad running technique, certain footwear and hard surfaces.

This obviously isn't backed by sports science but from what i've gathered so far from myself and others thats what the causes are. I highly doubt its from one thing, im sure it varys around from different people. If you had splints and that was your cause, doesn't mean its causing mine?

It's unlikely it's a vitamin deficiency causing shin splints.

Even if it was vitamin deficiency its gonna take more than 4 days to make any difference.

Most injuries improve on there own, its really no surprise it has started to get better.

Their not completely gone, their still bad but they have improved, I'd give it another 2-3 weeks before their completely gone, you can't rule a vitamin deficiency out because how do you know that?

Yeah I know what you mean but I still think after continuing to use them they will benefit. I'm probably going to get some new boots soon as well. If nothing else improves in a fortnight i'll go and get my running checked

Their not completely gone, their still bad but they have improved, I'd give it another 2-3 weeks before their completely gone, you can't rule a vitamin deficiency out because how do you know that?

Yeah I know what you mean but I still think after continuing to use them they will benefit. I'm probably going to get some new boots soon as well. If nothing else improves in a fortnight i'll go and get my running checked

Have you been diagnosed with a vitamin deficiency?

Do you really think even if you had a vitamin deficiency that caused shin splints 4 days worth of tablets would have fixed it and there would have been enough time for the flow on effects to help shin splints.

Just get some new boots man!!! :p It'll cost the same as what you're paying for all those vitamins!!!
Like I said before, I used Asics Gels and it helped alot, I'm sure there's heaps of better ones out now!

Just get some new boots man!!! :p It'll cost the same as what you're paying for all those vitamins!!!
Like I said before, I used Asics Gels and it helped alot, I'm sure there's heaps of better ones out now!

Is there a shop I should go to for boots or would any general sports store be fine?

And i'm only taking those vitamins because I got them for free lol

Is there a shop I should go to for boots or would any general sports store be fine?

And i'm only taking those vitamins because I got them for free lol

Hey mate, hopefully a good sports shoe place like athletes foot or something. I know knowledgable service can be hard to find nowadays if you can find one that's a fairly good start. Some of them may also have a boot that sells well for people suffering with shin splints. Good luck!!!

Hey mate, hopefully a good sports shoe place like athletes foot or something. I know knowledgable service can be hard to find nowadays if you can find one that's a fairly good start. Some of them may also have a boot that sells well for people suffering with shin splints. Good luck!!!

Thanks alot. Yep well i'm going out tomorrow to get some boots, pretty sure theres an athletes foot in the mall but apart from that, theres pretty much just rebel sport, insport, pauls warehouse and thats it lol. Hope to find something. Also i've been wearing my converse alot lately usually for school and i get lots of pain running at school since their so flat and theres little to no cushioning on them at the moment so might look into some new shoes

The boots gave me a massive blister so they need to be broken in but they were much better. I still get them from time to time but they seem to be calming down. From what i've been told lately it may have to do with all the weight i put on in the off season. putting on a good 15kg would of put more pressure on my shins when i started running again since i hadn't really run much until the start of this season when they came. but their under control for now at least. sometimes i still get them while running for long periods of time or on hard concrete surfaces but their much better