• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Shin splints theory

Ordered my ZMA's. Podiatrist around here is a fucking joke, disreguarded my call completely and told me that a regular doctor would be more useful than them. Not sure what else to do, spose i'm going to have to go to a GP then get some advice from there.

That is bullshit mate! Go to another one, I don't think you want advice from an idiot like that anyway, good luck hope they get better mate

That is bullshit mate! Go to another one, I don't think you want advice from an idiot like that anyway, good luck hope they get better mate

Yeah well I might go to a GP again because apparently its pretty expensive to go straight to the podiatrist. Might as well go to the doctors for free just to make sure theres nothing they can do before I pay to see a podiatrist. But yeah will definately go elsewhere if their not interested.

Have you at all considered that it could be the choice of shoe.

You don't go to a podiatrist for shin splints.

Yeah I have but I wanted to find somewhere that could tell me what it is for sure before I go out and buy new shoes because i'm pretty tight on money, if I could save myself 100 bucks it would be great

Where would be the best place to go?

No but you go to the podiatrist for an assessment to whether your feet could be the problem, which may cause shin splints...and whether you need orthotics.

Find a shop that specialize in running shoes, tell them your issue.

Orthotics are not the option and they are pricey.

Strengthen the anterior tibialis with toe raises, look them up.

No but you go to the podiatrist for an assessment to whether your feet could be the problem, which may cause shin splints...and whether you need orthotics.

More often than not dicko the the problem is the shoe combined with muscle weakness.

More often than not dicko the the problem is the shoe combined with muscle weakness.

Roger that, if you can find a suitable shoe for the job that's great, but we are talking football boots here not running shoes, I'm not saying orthotics are the answer but many of my team mates had them because they couldn't find a boot to fit the arch profile that they needed...luckily, I found a little relief with Asics gel boots.

Roger that, if you can find a suitable shoe for the job that's great, but we are talking football boots here not running shoes, I'm not saying orthotics are the answer but many of my team mates had them because they couldn't find a boot to fit the arch profile that they needed...luckily, I found a little relief with Asics gel boots.

Fair enough, thanks mate.

+1

I got shin splints with one pair of soccer boots as a kid. Others were fine.
I find it interesting that a lot of people blame the shoes. (In your case it's from footy, so fine.)
I got worst shin splints from Taekwondo. Wooden floors, bare feet, lots of jumping amd foot stomping. Will look up POSE too, thanks.

Asics boots worked well for me too.

My ZMA tablets arrived today. I've been stretching out and doing some exercises with my feet which might hopefully be helping the splints out. will take my first tab before bed tonight

Okay heres an update of my situation so far.

I've been taking the ZMA for about 2 days now. Today after work my dad came and gave me 3 different bottles of tablets from some sort of doctor who prescribes them for conditions like my shin splints, osteoporosis etc. I'm currently also taking the following

Super calcium complete gold, Ingredients:

- Calcium Citrate
Calcium Hydroxyapatite
Magnesium
Manganese
Boron
Zinc
Phytomenadione
Cholecaliceforal
Equisetum

MSM Caps, 2 before bed

- Dimethyl sulfone (Methyylsulfonylmethane) 1000mg

Silica maxtrix with horsetail and nettle, 1 after breakfast

- Silicon dioxide
Calcium fluoride
-Urtica dioica (Nettle) leaf powder
- Equisetum arvense (Horsetail)

Considering i'm now taking other tablets which have zinc and magnesium, I may stop taking the ZMA until these run out. I'll update with my progress soon

Okay heres an update of my situation so far.

I've been taking the ZMA for about 2 days now. Today after work my dad came and gave me 3 different bottles of tablets from some sort of doctor who prescribes them for conditions like my shin splints, osteoporosis etc. I'm currently also taking the following

Super calcium complete gold, Ingredients:

- Calcium Citrate
Calcium Hydroxyapatite
Magnesium
Manganese
Boron
Zinc
Phytomenadione
Cholecaliceforal
Equisetum

MSM Caps, 2 before bed

- Dimethyl sulfone (Methyylsulfonylmethane) 1000mg

Silica maxtrix with horsetail and nettle, 1 after breakfast

- Silicon dioxide
Calcium fluoride
-Urtica dioica (Nettle) leaf powder
- Equisetum arvense (Horsetail)

Considering i'm now taking other tablets which have zinc and magnesium, I may stop taking the ZMA until these run out. I'll update with my progress soon

Holy crap. You're going to have some expensive piss. Have you looked at your technique like many people suggested?

Holy crap. You're going to have some expensive piss. Have you looked at your technique like many people suggested?

No not as of yet. I'm going to give these a week or so to see if they improve before checking technique and what not only because I got the rest of these pills for free which is lucky.

I forget the professional name for the person who prescribes these but apparently he works with the rabbitohs nrl team so i'm sure they will do some good. If all else fails i'm going to have to get my technique and footwear looked at

Last edited:
Why not start now with checking your footwear and improving technique? The pills won't do anything and you're just wasting time in my opinion.

Cause that will more than likely cost more money. The pills have been prescribed by a professional so i'm going to take his word for the time being. If theres no signs of improvement then i'll either go see a podiatrist or buy new footwear, or both