• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Talmant tried to argue against information we heard directly from Boris. Talmant doesn't know shit. SP considers him a major source of Sheiko disinformation over the years.

He just repeats Medveyev's recommendations though
It's good training information
Is it "Sheiko"? Who cares. It's all good training info

Talmant tried to argue against information we heard directly from Boris. Talmant doesn't know shit. SP considers him a major source of Sheiko disinformation over the years.

I'm interested, can you list some of that incorrect information.

Most of the lowballing the weights and scaremongering about the intensity of the programs came from Talmant. He was still trying to tell people to not use their real maxes after Boris had told everybody to adjust the weights to fit your capabilities.

Yeah pretty much what Ben said
I've trolled Eric on facebook a few times. He got really mad at me when I asked Brandon Lilly something about a bench shirt. Was pretty funny really

But the DVD is good anyway, it's the Progressive Powerlifting one.

I think that without Talmant's pussy attitude the use of sheiko by westerners might have been far more prevalent but instead its been chalked up an advanced only program for years. None of the 3 day cycles are advanced, they're just hard fucking work, and in Russia they were junior lifter cycles.

Aside from that some of his other info is good but hardly groundbreaking. Most can be divided with just a bit of logical analysis of the programs and some trial and error.

Though if 0ni has any of this information and he is kind enough to share it would add to discussion.

yeah, I will watch the DVD again. The notes are all in my log but it will take forever to find I think. Feel free to go looking

Its interesting you say that re the intensity etc. I ran it straight out with my current maxes. I did not find it that difficult to be honest. Ran 29, 37,37,32. Upped it slightly also for the 2nd 32. Hardly what I would call advanced to be honest.

Tim.

Its interesting you say that re the intensity etc. I ran it straight out with my current maxes. I did not find it that difficult to be honest. Ran 29, 37,37,32. Upped it slightly also for the 2nd 32. Hardly what I would call advanced to be honest.

Tim.

Exactly, it just takes endurance. I ran my last bench cycle with a 205kg training max and I didn't die once.

Talmant is a pussy.

Exactly, it just takes endurance. I ran my last bench cycle with a 205kg training max and I didn't die once.

Talmant is a pussy.

Suppose that's what I found. First time through I wasn't used to the endurance side of it and struggled. The weights were easy but just struggling towards the end. Not really an issue now.

Suppose that's what I found. First time through I wasn't used to the endurance side of it and struggled. The weights were easy but just struggling towards the end. Not really an issue now.

I was the same, during first or second cycle Sam and I were looking at each other going "Why fuck are we doing this?". Now we're both running 5 day cycles and I'm eventually going up to 7 days.

I was the same, during first or second cycle Sam and I were looking at each other going "Why fuck are we doing this?". Now we're both running 5 day cycles and I'm eventually going up to 7 days.

Sweet. Good to know my experience is pretty normal. I'm starting to get through workouts much quicker than initially as well.

yeah- Talmant and I had a disagreement about the intensity. I stated you should run comp maxes so long as they are recent or a fair estimation- Talmant argued you should bring the numbers down to reflect maxes you could hit during training (I think he said what you can hit any day?). The problem with that is that the programming presupposes and anticipates the effect of fatigue. It is precisely through that approach that loading like 85% has a training effect of heavier work- because the actual daily max would be lowered by fatigue-so the loading has a planned effect in the cycle. This is pretty much what Sheiko himself says. The daily max thing versus comp max seems to be a confusion between what he calls Russian and Bulgarian approaches. The other thing that we disagreed on was how and why the skills assessment is run. Its not just a practice competition session. It is a key point in the programming. Its no accident that the heaviest session comes in 17-21 days before comp. It has an important effect itself in terms of the CNS and peaking. Any way- Talmant didnt like what I was saying and unfriended and blocked me from facebook. LOL good times/whatever. His DVD is good though.
On individualistion- that is precisely what you need to figure out to get the most of this stuff. The templates provide a great starting point- but you need to personalise the programming. Of course to be able to do that you have to understand what effect you get from specific changes.

Last edited:
Yeah he blocked SP, me, and half of the other attendees at the Sheiko seminar...

No loss though, he was a total godbotherer on facebook anyway.

yeah- Talmant and I had a disagreement about the intensity. I stated you should run comp maxes so long as they are recent or a fair estimation- Talmant argued you should bring the numbers down to reflect maxes you could hit during training (I think he said what you can hit any day?). The problem with that is that the programming presupposes and anticipates the effect of fatigue. It is precisely through that approach that loading like 85% has a training effect of heavier work- because the actual daily max would be lowered by fatigue-so the loading has a planned effect in the cycle. This is pretty much what Sheiko himself says. The daily max thing versus comp max seems to be a confusion between what he calls Russian and Bulgarian approaches. The other thing that we disagreed on was how and why the skills assessment is run. Its not just a practice competition session. It is a key point in the programming. Its no accident that the heaviest session comes in 17-21 days before comp. It has an important effect itself in terms of the CNS and peaking. Any way- Talmant didnt like what I was saying and unfriended and blocked me from facebook. LOL good times/whatever. His DVD is good though.
On individualistion- that is precisely what you need to figure out to get the most of this stuff. The templates provide a great starting point- but you need to personalise the programming. Of course to be able to do that you have to understand what effect you get from specific changes.

hahaha, fuck

A mate is keen to begin Sheiko but struggles for time pre work as he trains in the morning.

Thoughts on how to split Sheiko across 4 or even 5 days. 0ni, I know you mentioned that you'd done it for a client you are consulting.

Sorry if this has already been covered earlier in the thread.

A mate is keen to begin Sheiko but struggles for time pre work as he trains in the morning.

Thoughts on how to split Sheiko across 4 or even 5 days. 0ni, I know you mentioned that you'd done it for a client you are consulting.

Piece of piss. Just split into upper and lower days. Also on double lift days, eg. squat/bench/squat, just add the working sets of the second round of squats to the first round to save time.

Take a look at the volume for each lift
37 is a good start
Upper/lower is fine or you can do push/pull
If there is 4 bench sessions, 3 squat sessions and 2 deadlift this is easy

Monday, bench/deadlift
Tuesday, squat/bench
Wednesday, bench/squat
Thursday, bench/deadlift
Friday, squat/bench

Also on double lift days, eg. squat/bench/squat, just add the working sets of the second round of squats to the first round to save time.

I thought this was a no no. Based on what SP said re each set having a specific target adaptation, I thought there was a reason for doing the bench in between the squats like your example.

Saying that total volume over the week is more important for the SAID than the timing of the work basically?