• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Good stuff mate - you'll have better progression. PM me if you need some advice.

I won't have better progression.

I dropped squats because i will get one workout in then not be able to walk properly for the next 3 months. Not sure how that equals better progression.

As for not changing sheiko. I'm sure Steve Pritchard and those that went to the sheiko seminar said one thing Boris emphasized is the the shekio programs are just starting templates. You adjust them how you need them.

I'm fine with changing the program.

I won't have better progression.

I dropped squats because i will get one workout in then not be able to walk properly for the next 3 months. Not sure how that equals better progression.

As for not changing sheiko. I'm sure Steve Pritchard and those that went to the sheiko seminar said one thing Boris emphasized is the the shekio programs are just starting templates. You adjust them how you need them.

I'm fine with changing the program.

Upto you mate but from what I have seen, read and experienced best to stick with what works ;) have a good one big fella

Upto you mate but from what I have seen, read and experienced best to stick with what works ;) have a good one big fella

Are you a fucking idiot. I dropped squats because I am injured. How is squatting going to help the rest of the sheiko program apart from totally fucking all the progress I have made fixing my knees.

Are you a fucking idiot. I dropped squats because I am injured. How is squatting going to help the rest of the sheiko program apart from totally fucking all the progress I have made fixing my knees.

Cheers buddy sounds good!

Bazza is correct, Boris did emphasise that all programs should be personalised. Though it is a good idea to run them as is a few times first to get to know the programming. He also mentions this on his new website.

http://sheiko-program.ru/training-p...to-use-unmonitoredappropriate-sheiko-programs

Thanks for the post mate and this is correct - I think the thing Bazza20 missed is that you need to know the programming and have the experience to change it - if you are just starting Sheiko - as I stated I would not be changing anything - which 99% of people are new to the program on the forum.

(Also just love to fire the big guy up)

This is anther point I find people do -

- If you use a percentage of a desired result (not real), you will inevitably find yourself in a state of overtraining and fatigue! This will lead to a nervous condition causing loss of sleep and appetite leaving you with no desire to train, with diminishing results.

Thanks for the post mate and this is correct - I think the thing Bazza20 missed is that you need to know the programming and have the experience to change it - if you are just starting Sheiko - as I stated I would not be changing anything - which 99% of people are new to the program on the forum.

(Also just love to fire the big guy up)

This is anther point I find people do -

- If you use a percentage of a desired result (not real), you will inevitably find yourself in a state of overtraining and fatigue! This will lead to a nervous condition causing loss of sleep and appetite leaving you with no desire to train, with diminishing results.

Mate I didn't miss anything. If I could have, my first run through the program would have been exactly as written but you don't seem to understand the concept of an injury.

Last edited:
Freako.
Will the DVD of the seminar be worth it?

What are the couple of programs on the sheiko site like?

Freako.
Will the DVD of the seminar be worth it?

What are the couple of programs on the sheiko site like?

The DVD will be worth it if you plan to do a lot of analysis and modification of cycles.

The programs on the site are all CMS level, 4x a week cycles. Boris says they are ok for anybody with 1 year of powerlifting training experience.

The DVD will be worth it if you plan to do a lot of analysis and modification of cycles.

The programs on the site are all CMS level, 4x a week cycles. Boris says they are ok for anybody with 1 year of powerlifting training experience.

Thanks.

Probably not for me then. I like the sheiko templates because I just put my maxes in and do the lifting. Can't be stuffed modifying it at the moment.

I would prefer to do SOHP rather than dips also but they don't exactly work the same muscle groups. I really love dips for chest work but my shoulders hate them so I can't do them. I find that SOHP is really just shoulders and triceps.

Changing exercises and loading protocols is fine- as long as you know WHY the exercises were put there in the first place

Just changing one press for another, not really sensible. Unless you're doing something that achieves the purpose of the original exercise. You need to feel it out. Plenty of ways to stretch the pecs out post-benching

Eric Talment did a pretty good DVD
Tells you all the different recommendations for volume at different stages in training. Pretty much what I adhere to and it works well.

Correct, not sure what has to do with anything though
He goes into Medvedev's recommendations