• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I'm coming to the end of Sheiko #29.

I'll have a week to spare before starting #37. Is it a bad idea to test my 1RM's in the middle of this spare week, or does Mr Sheiko counsel against that on the grounds that I'll be buggered going into #37?

I've kept all the other variables the same, and I really want to see whether this intro to Sheiko has had any effect.

Just go straight into #37.
The first 2 weeks arent that bad.
Are you prepping for a comp?

Yeah, I was hoping to have a crack at a comp on April 28th. Which gives me time for #37 then #32 + 5 days to spare.

The 1RM query was just the inner science geek wanting to know whether Sheiko works. Because after I finish #29 I'm going to start taking creatine, and any gains will no longer be solely attributable to the Sheiko program.

It's going to be hard not to test something :p. Maybe just bench; the hips and glutes are feeling a little beaten up

So where should ones lifts be before moving to such a program?
Is this more suited to the intermediate lifter who could do with a whack if volume and time under the bar to move things along or more suited to the experienced lifter who knows how to cope with such a load.

37? It's not for a beginner- more like someone who has developed basic skill and conditioning. It's not so much how much you can lift- more that you have worked out how to lift.

It also has an important training effect. You'll get a massive cns kick 3 weeks
I have 3.5 weeks to comp, including this week. Tomorrow night is my first night on #32. Should I work this cns kick into my training by doing week 1 d 1 tomorrow them day2 this weekend to coincide with my comp on 23rd march (3 weeks out)?
I was only going to do the final 3 weeks of 32....

It doesn't have to be exactly 3 weeks. 32 is 4 weeks long. Where does that take you up to? Adding days is easy but in 32 it's better to add to week 2.

Is that true every time you test 1RMs? If so, awesome, I've never heard that before.

With sheiko it's always the case that you smash the life out if yourself in the skills assessment 3 weeks out- because the crafty ruskies know if he take heavy loads then you'll have just enough time to freshen up, but just enough time to reap the sweet benefits of super compensation. Very smart.

Realistically on 37, I found I needed the 2 days rest between day 3 & day 1 for the following cycle week. Working it this way gives 3 full weeks training then 5 days break between last training day and comp. I train wed fri sun. If I take out the 2 day break between day 3 & 1 I will almost fit the whole cycle in.