• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Hanging for deload week!
I do really enjoy Sheiko.

When doing blocks back to back (37 & 37) is there a recommended amount kg increase on 1rm?
Also when doing back to back, no deload in between?

Hanging for deload week!
I do really enjoy Sheiko.

When doing blocks back to back (37 & 37) is there a recommended amount kg increase on 1rm?
Also when doing back to back, no deload in between?

No deload, and I think as a general rule you leave your maxes the same. I have increased mine when I ran longer cycles though.

the first times you run through you probably shouldn't increase maxs- but if you get to week 4 and the 85% and 80% sets all move fairly comfortably you might be able to add some. There are a few ways to do this- either add to the 1rm or just at to the top sets. Sheiko himself says when it gets easy the first set is either to add a set or add reps- which increases volume- but understand that adding reps is better for building capacity and strength endurance, whereas sets will increase overall volume- or you add weight- which increases loading. I normally add loading- but only for a few sets with the top work sets.

I'm the same. If I've hitting a few doubles or triples that are super easy then I just add a little more weight each set.

adding a little weight is safer than adding volume.
If I have 6 sets of 3 I will always do the first set as written then move up in small increments until it feels right. I think if you are going to push the weight up in 37 the place to do it is in week 4 day 1. That session is supposed to be hard.

Dave Bates has a 3% increase in between cycles in some of his training regimes.
They are generally considerably lower volume though

I put my deadlift and Bench 1RM's higher than actual...... might leave them were they are for the next block....:eek:

The ideal length is 12-16weeks- any longer and you will need to retest. If you run 16weeks I'd be inclined to do something funky to the volume. It's normal to add a set the 2nd or 3rd time through a prep cycle.

ah ok
Explaining my above comment, the hardest part is from the floor right? It just seems like an odd exercise to pick unless you're doing them from tiny boxes

Make sure you check your form so you can try to mimic the top part of the lift. It's easy to start using a technique that doesn't mirror your comp technique. Yeah upper back smash-o-rama!