• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
NRL betting scandal deepens

Police have released CCTV footage of four men who placed bets of up to $500 on the outcome of the allegedly fixed NRL game between the Canterbury Bulldogs and the North Queensland Cowboys.

A total of $50,000 was placed on a betting option that the first points of the Round 24 match would come from a penalty goal.

Bulldogs player Ryan Tandy was penalised two minutes into the game for impeding a Cowboys player in front of the posts and the Cowboys were awarded a penalty goal, but they chose not to kick for goal and scored a try from a quick tap.

The day before the game, when a number of bets were placed, the odds were as high as 13 to 1, but they dropped as low as 3 to 1 as betting increased.

Detective Superintendent Arthur Katsogiannis told reporters in Sydney that the four men police want to speak to placed bets on the option.

But he is not suggesting they engaged in unlawful activity.

"The earlier the bets were placed, the higher the odds," Det Supt Katsogiannis said.

"I believe that at one stage it was up to $50,000 that was on this particularly exotic bet."

Police have spoken to a number of other people who placed bets on the option, but the four men in question have not been identified from the investigation.

NRL betting scandal deepens

Nope. Society has a drinking culture that won't go away. There will always be alcohol related incidents. For ever.

yes they do.

Who was sent home from South Africa a couple of years ago?

And wasn't Wendell playing union when he was banned for taking drugs drugs?

Last edited:
yes they do.

Who was sent home from South Africa a couple of years ago?

And wasn't Wendell playing union when he was banned for taking drugs?

Oh yea I agree it happens just not every other week lol

Last edited by a moderator:
The NRL has a moron running the game.

I think they tried to lure John O'Neil a few years back but he was too smart for that and declined.

Last edited:
Dunno mate!

All I know is there will be a double header on Friday and I am pumped for it lol

Round 3 of Super Rugby:

Lions 32 Blues 41

Crusaders 33 Waratahs 18

Stormers 21 Cheetahs 15

Bulls 28 H'landers 35

Chiefs 38 Rebels 10

Brumbies 25 Reds 31

Force 12 Sharks 39

Great weekend for NZ rugby! - not so much for Aus rugby lol - Brumbies again cant get away with a win and they have the Crusaders next friday! ohhh nooo 3 in a row I reckon.

Watching the Tahs V Crusaders game tonight - Fruean and Sonny bill scored all the trys! ...did someone say possible new All Blacks mid field.

2011 Premiership Odds

2011 NRL PREMIERSHIP
St George Illawarra 5.5
Sydney Roosters 8
Brisbane 9
Melbourne 9
Souths 9
Wests Tigers 11
Penrith 13
Warriors 15
Bulldogs 17
Gold Coast 17
Manly 17
Parramatta 17
Canberra 21
Newcastle 26
Nth Qld 51
Cronulla 67

Round 1 Odds

Straight
Sydney Roosters
South Sydney Rabbitohs

Brisbane Broncos vs North Qld Cowboys
11/03/2011 7:05:00 PM

Straight
Brisbane Broncos
North Qld Cowboys

New Zealand Warriors vs Parramatta Eels
12/03/2011 4:05:00 PM

Straight
New Zealand Warriors
Parramatta Eels

Gold Coast Titans vs St George Dragons
12/03/2011 6:05:00 PM

Straight
Gold Coast Titans
St George Dragons

Melbourne Storm vs Manly Sea Eagles
12/03/2011 6:05:00 PM

Straight
Melbourne Storm
Manly Sea Eagles

Canberra Raiders vs Cronulla Sharks
13/03/2011 12:35:00 PM

Straight
Canberra Raiders
Cronulla Sharks

Penrith Panthers vs Newcastle Knights
13/03/2011 1:35:00 PM

Straight
Penrith Panthers
Newcastle Knights

I know I come from Canberra but I really think Canberra will step it up this yr and be one of the form teams...even though u will never hear about it lol.

Hopefully the broncos are on better form this yr also!

Even without Campo for the first 13 rounds?

Yea mate from what I can gather the Canberra team is a very close bunch of guys with no bullshit and they are finely starting to hold on to some of these up and coming stars - I think Dugan will be one of the stars of the comp this yr, the forward pack just keeps getting better and then you have Orford which will offer alot of advice and experience and I also think Vidot will come into his own this yr.

Campo will be still great for mentoring and focusing some players so yes in some aspects he will be missed by in other ways he can still offer the team alot.

they got orford.

today i was at the waratahs centre at moore park in their gym. they had their records board, from memory
best bench was 190kg, squat 240, deadlift 240, vertical jump 87cm. fastest 40m was Tuqiri. i think max chin ups was 26.
from what the coach said i dont think they hit the deads for max strength, and they sorta do a more powerful dead.
the waratahs are also using 5/3/1 and are on their 4th cycle. they use 5/3/1 for powercleans, deads, prone bench row, front squats, bench and box squats. and they guys that need to get bigger also do a max set at 75% after their final set. 3 days a week, mon/tues/thursday.

the gym was cool, 4 power racks, 3 platforms, 62kg dbs, ghr, a few rugby specific machines, sleds, ropes.

Last edited:
Reds > than Brumbies (at least on teh scoreboard.)

I think Tahs will be the only aussie team to do any damage to the NZ teams this yr.

Brumbies are in abit of a rebuilding phase, rebs are new, qld have never been that great and force have always been ok.

Pocock is out is now out for acouple of months - and he is the best player in Aus atm...hope hes better for the world cup or things could be really bad for them.