• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

PTC version 2.0

Medium box squats tonight after PPP, (45cm box)

Jack got 140kg x 5
Alen got 160kg x 3
Max got 200kg x 5

Yep, he wears sleeves all the time. I'm instructing all my lifters to compress their joints when they train.

They are TK's, but he also wears the Inzer ones, which are the best sleeves for support in my opinion, and his.

Daryl was borrowing his Inzer ones

I get lots of questions in regards to Max's training, so here is what he and Alen and Daryl are currently doing.

Mon - PPP squat
Tues - PPP bench
Wed - PPP deadlift
Thur- Reps with 140kg squat
Fri - Reps with 100kg bench
Sat - Reps with 180kg deadlift

They do assistance exercises for PPP on the night. For example, we use the Original Westside template, and do both low box (30cm) and high box (45cm) squats.

Bench will be chains and close grip benching

Deads will be pulls like cleans, snatches, shrug pulls and deficit deadlifts.

During the Rep nights, just multiple sets of reps with those weights.

Those weights, which are my novice standard, are challenging enough. The boys are doing very well with them.

This training is no science, no special technique, just pure strength training. The 3 guys arguably also happen to have the best physiques in the gym.

Funny how training hard will do that. Alen and Max are also eating the same, Daryl is eating everything lol

Markos I know u are no doctor but expierience may be able to answer this..
Do you think wearing the knee sleeves all the time will leave lifters vunerable when it comes to lifting in CAPO comps ?
Obviously a little compression whilst training and keeping the joints warm is ideal but how would you go about doing a 1rm in a capo comp? When would you squat completely raw ?
Im thinking i should wear knee sleeves when I come back as my knees always feel 20 times safer and warmer when squatting in them but am worried that it will only weaken my knees more come comp day when you need to go for a 1rm. I wore knee sleeves for a while a couple of years ago but stopped wearing them the last 12 months thinking they were leaving me vulnerable.
Whats your thoughts?

Last edited:
Here is my view on that, as I get asked the same questions in my gym.

At a CAPO raw comp, you have to do 3 reps total, one of those at only 92.5% of your 1RM, without sleeves.

Even do your warm ups with sleeves. As the sleeves offer no aid in strength, it wont be an issue when you take them off, and your knees will be pretty warm. Even wear them between attempts to keep them warm.

For example, Nina forgot to bring hers to the gym as Max had them in his bag, she LOVES the Inzer ones. She was doing PPP and had to do 85kg x 5. No issues at all.

I would also recommend the Inzer ones for you Michael as you are coming off surgery. You can pull them pretty tight with the straps for added confidence.

The TK's are excellent as well, more designed for warmth. They leave a pool of sweat when you take them off.

yeh thanks mate. do you have any contacts where you buy the TK and inzer ones? I know I can get the innzer ones off there website but just checking if there is anyone local selling them

yeh thanks mate. do you have any contacts where you buy the TK and inzer ones? I know I can get the innzer ones off there website but just checking if there is anyone local selling them

Underground elite for TK knee sleeves.

Ive got some and they really warm the knees up.

I got mine from Undergound, then realized Minh sells them $12 cheaper, I fucked up. Aaron got them from Minh for $50, mine were nearly $62 delivered. I actually got charged more than they were advertized. Add says $49.95, I was charged $52.95. With freight it was $62.

Steve Pritchard sells the Inzer stuff, he may have TK as well

Michael you'll be fine.

I was training in Thailand this week and forgot to take my sleeves to the gym. I was going to wrap my knees but it was so hot I cbf'd. Just did plenty of warmup sets.

Squatted 185 for 5 no drama without any issues in my knees. First time in over 6 months I've squatted with no knee support.