• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

PTC version 2.0

Some real quality lifting tonight.

First, Armando, 48yo, been back for 4 weeks after a 6 month layoff.

Front squat - 140kg
Back squat - 170kg
Snatch - 90kg
C&J - 120kg

He is training to compete again at Masters. He needs 150/120kg , shouldnt be long.

He used his old journals, he needs to squat 200kg to C&J 150 and snatch 120

I was under the assumption that masters don't need to qualify to Vito the Aust nationals. Or is it he's planning On going to Cyprus for the worlds', which you do have to qualify for.

Pete, Cyprus.

He weighs around the mid 80kg, what are the WR for him at 48?

Nick, a bench, some DB's and some KB's, Chin up bar, dip bar, 2 x Indian Clubs, Grippers

Pete, Cyprus.

He weighs around the mid 80kg, what are the WR for him at 48?

Alright..

The WR snatch in the 44-49 year old class, in the 84kg division is 125 (done by Ludek Becvar, on 5/27/09)
The WR c&j is 148.5 (done by Jerzy Zalejko on 9/09/99)

The Aust records are a lot lower. Best snatch is 98, best c&j is 127....

The IWF Record Board

Tell him to go to south australian to clean up at the nationals....

Last edited:
Last night jack cleaned 95 kg and PP 95kg

He has already achieved c grade squat bench dead

He needs 100kg for these 2 lifts to reach d grade

So many good lifts

Armando snatched 95kg
Harvey squatted 150kg @ 72kg
Nina squatted 92.5kg x 3
Wayne deadlifted 160kg + 30kg chains
Nina C&PP 55kg x 2
Harvey deadlifted 170kg
Sussy benched 55kg x 3
Kate deadlifted 100kg x 5

Harvey at 72kg. now squats 150kg, benches 85kg and deadlifts 170kg, they are awesome results. He is interested in competing. He thought he wasnt strong enough, till I told him what some much heavier guys are lifting and theyre competing at National level in the next few weeks.

He is still a junior as well, so no need to qualify for CAPO Nats, although I dont think you need to qualify for PA Nats either

I think it's been covered. But when does a junior become a senior so to speak?
If it wasn't for my squat, I would be close to harvey's lifts (though I've never done the big 3 in one session that I can remember)

Still got 18 months of getting away with my n00bism then :p
Will look to compete if I can add 10kg to my bench (75x3) and 30-40kg to my previous best squat (100kg)
:)

Aren't you out of juniors if you turn 24 within that same year?

I.e. If birthday was October 21st, you'd be 23 all year. But the fact that you turn 24 within that year, you're into the opens?

Ok cool :) Thanks for the clarification

EDIT - quote from IPF rule book:

IPF Rule Book said:
Junior: from 1 January in the calendar year he reaches 19 years and throughout the full
calendar year in which he reaches 23 years.

I would read this as if you turn 24 at any stage with the given year, then you are no longer a junior?????

Last edited:
jnrs still need to qualify for PA nats

just they need c grade instead of b

probation period is 3 months instead of 6 for records

Did Austy qualify for Nats Minh????

As far as I know, he has never competed anywhere.

He's not a junior, not a master, not a woman.

Good luck anyway Aaron, I'll try and get there