• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

PTC version 2.0

My apologies to Dim.

In todays newsletter, I stated he left early while his training partner kept training for another hour.

Dim informed today that he had night shift, I didnt know.

Sorry Dim.

Benching tonight, Alen and Max got through PPP, then benched with chains.

Both managed 105kg bar weight + 25kg chains

Gareth discovered the wonderful world of high rep squats tonight, and box squats.

He managed to squat 200kg without doing high rep squats or box squats.

Straight sets and hard work did the job. Gareth has maxed out so we have changed his program for the first time.

Wayne, Will, John, George, James, Josta, Monica, Mick, David, Sussy, Kate and Pierre all got through their programs as well tonight.

Mick, Johnnie, Jimmy, Jason, Kat, Emma, Sean and Nikki all did full body programs, as did Max's 3 little footballers.

Around 7 Dolphins players also trained today, Taylor and Khan squatted PB's

Busy night.

Gregg and Gawain did some heavy benching tonight.

Gawain did 180kg x 3 followed by 180kg x 4. He then benched 185kg + 25kg chains x 1

Gregg benched 160kg x 3 followed by 165kg x 2. He also did a full range dip with 80kg strapped to his 101kg frame.

Max and Alen deadlifted 200kg from a deficit after completing PPP.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1LJBOHKAsc]YouTube - PTC, Gawain benches 185kg + 25kg chains[/ame]

arent things like TK and rehband knee sleeves allowed in CAPO raw? WPC rules dont say you cant have them, if so thats pretty retarded they do nothing but keep your joints warm.

Those and my weight lifting shoes are like the best pieces of equipment I have without a doubt.

No sleeves allowed. CAPO follows WPC rulings, just like PA follow IPF, which is why PA has never had raw till recently.

First year of raw in CAPO, knee wraps were allowed, second year nothing, we are approaching our 3rd Nats now, still nothing.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzh0BtKEFFM]YouTube - PTC, Gregg benches 165kg x 2 + 1[/ame]

Pierre squats (79kg)
100kg x 14
100kg x 20
60kg x 30
100kg x 5
120kg x 3

Daryl squats (74kg)
140kg x 20 (knee wraps, 1/2 the reps were high, not used to wraps)
100kg x 20
60kg x 50
100kg x 10
120kg x 5

Max squats (74kg)
140kg x 14 (PB) no wraps
100kg x 30
60kg x 51
100kg x 10
120kg x 5

Alen (84kg)
150kg x 8 (knee wraps)
100kg x 30
60kg x 55
100kg x 10
120kg x 13

Once Daryl gets used to the knee wraps, he'll get 20 reps with 140kg at legal height, more than 1/2 the reps were a few inches high.

Max wants to hit 140kg without wraps. Said his 100kg x 30 after his first set is the hardest set he's done.

This was an epic squat session

Wayne, Jonathon and Will all got through PPP bench press, Jonathon is on the 130kg program, Wayne on 115kg and Will on 120kg.

2 plates for 30 after 3 plates for reps is a great effort guys, did you have a quad pose down after? lol :thumbsup:

I just got back from Ironedge.

The new Matrix he is putting together for PTC looks pretty special, hopefully I'll have it in a couple of weeks.

I picked up some full size 2.5kg and 5kg technical plates. These differ from his 5kg bumper in that they are solid plastic and indestructable.

Great for teaching the snatch to girls and Max's little 12-13yo footballers

Some real quality lifting tonight.

First, Armando, 48yo, been back for 4 weeks after a 6 month layoff.

Front squat - 140kg
Back squat - 170kg
Snatch - 90kg
C&J - 120kg

He is training to compete again at Masters. He needs 150/120kg , shouldnt be long.

He used his old journals, he needs to squat 200kg to C&J 150 and snatch 120

Others were doing squats PPP plus box squats, low and high.

Big Jack, 200cm, did 140kg x 3 and 150kg x 1 to the 30cm box, amazing, he had just done 152.5 x 3 on PPP

Daryl did 160kg x 1, the low box has him above parallel though.

Alen and Max got 150kg, Pierre got 110kg

Onto the high box, 45cm. Alen got 180kg, a PB.

Jack and Pierre stopped at 140kg, Daryl rested.

Max really wanted triple bodyweight to this box, he had just done double bodyweight to the low box.

He made a hard 225kg x 1 @ 74.8kg

He actually adds 75kg in the space of 6".

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqdoYCyT9qs]YouTube - PTC, Jack box squats 140kg x 3, 30cm box, 200cm Jack[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUjbaoULezc]YouTube - PTC, Jack box squats 150kg, 30cm box[/ame]

Very few of the competing lifters squat in the rack now, although Jack did his PPP there as others were using the stands.

Here is Max's 225kg @ 74kg, again, not in the power rack

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrZrQjvsaug[/ame]

Spot on Greahame.

I have to admit, not everyone likes it, the girls prefer the power rack, Nina squatted out of the stands for the first time on Saturday, but she was doing 20 reppers, not 1RM's

Gawain, we need more stock and variety

Chocolate
Vanilla
Cafe Mocha
Strawberry

We dont need banana

I'll admit that squatting out of that thing on the wall was a little weird at first.
Not having the protection of the rack made me fail a little naked.
But then I remembered Dave was spotting me so there was no way known I was going to fail :p

ps Have you heard from him at all? If he's still in Mooroolbark put him onto me. Might not be able to train at PTC but he can train at mine if he likes

Nice work max. I like Book of judges in the background.

Markos how high was the box I did 200kg to?