• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

PTC version 2.0

Its a modified version of Ed Coan's. I dont feel 3 work sets is enough. I also dont like the rep scheme. This may change as we advance.

The 210/220kg squat will look like this

week 1: 120kg x 12 x 5
week 2: 127.5kg x 12 x 5
week 3: 135kg x 12 x 5
week 4: 142.5kg x 7 x 5
week 5: 150kg x 7 x 5
week 6: 157.5kg x 7 x 5
week 7: 165kg x 5 x 4
week 8: 172.5kg x 5 x 4
week 9: 180kg x 5 x 4
week 10: 187.5kg x 3 x 3
week 11: 195kg x 3 x 3
week 12: 205kg x 2 x 2

How much knee wraps will add is unknown

Max is doing his own thing. Tonight be benched 85kg x 5 x 5 easily then did a stack of wide grip benching with 75kg.

I should also point out the Ed did many many sets of assistance exercises, stuff like leg press and leg curls, so his 3 sets of squats was not all he did, which some might think reading Adams post.

My guys finished their 3 sets of squats 20 minutes into the session, I'm sure Ed trained longer than that.

Instead of doing assistance work for the squat, we do more squats.

We do PPP for bench, but twice a week, with lots of assistance work, but the deadlifts will pretty much look like Ed's.

So I'm not second guessing Ed's program, I'm simply adjusting it to suit our training on the squats. I see limited benefits in leg press, extensions and curls, plus I dont have/want that equipment at PTC.

Wouldn't coan being a genetic freak mean he can tolerate more work? Me personally I'd prefer to do the program as is and then jump on the GHR for 3x12.

It looks really interesting. But PPP works so meh :p

The entire Coan program, which I think Oliver posted up has FAR more work than I have the guys doing.

Adam only posted the work sets for squats. If you guys think Ed did 3 sets of squats a week and squatted 1000lbs, I have a bridge in Sydney I want to sell you lol

Harvey squatted double bodyweight tonight. He just finished PPP.

The squat, 137.5kg was borderline for depth. He attempted 140kg but went way deep and it beat him. He weighs 68kg.

I think its his second cycle, he'd never lifted previously.

He came to me because he needed to gain weight. I think he's added 10kg.

He lives 90 minutes away in St Albans.

Thats why I dont listen to those that complain about travel. He trains at PTC 3 times a week. Does anyone think Harvey would be attempting 140kg squats if he was training alone at some gym in St Albans. He was 55kg from memory when he started. He's been as heavy as 71kg, but is down a bit currently.

He's the kind of client that motivates the footballers.

Anyway, were not counting his squat, it wasnt legal depth, he's not happy with it. We'll simply try again on Saturday.

I'll post up a video of it.

Well he was on the 130kg program, and he smashed that tonight, so I asked him to weigh himself and have a crack at double bodyweight, which was 137.5kg.

He didnt miss a single lift in his 130kg PPP, its just that 130kg was so easy tonight that we went heavier.

Here is the vid

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ097BbMQ1Q]YouTube - Harvey 137.5kg squat (high)[/ame]

This is one of his training partners, Andrew.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gfc47K3g20g]YouTube - Andrew 107cm box jump with weight vest[/ame]

with the PPP program, you have the mon/wed/fri squat bench deadlift, what assistant exercises do you add in typically for each day? is it just + 2-3 different ones each time?

Harvey usually squats, benches and deads EVERY session.

We had a break for a couple of weeks where I changed things up for him, but he never does just one lift, usually 2-3 depending on energy levels.

He does no assistance work when doing PPP.

Harvey trains with a group of Asian friends, they include Huey who is Kapow on here, Linh who is his GF, she squats 60kg for reps at 55kg, Minh who weighs very little and deadlifts 140kg, Andrew, the guy doing the box jumps and his GF.

Harvey is the only one doing the 3 sessions at PTC yet he lives the furthest, by an hour.

He is also the one making the biggest improvements.