• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

PTC version 2.0

225kg with wraps and a belt? I thought you guys were 100% raw, or is this a new edition since the injury? But didn't Nick wreck his shoulder? I'm confused.

225kg with wraps and a belt is still an awesome lift, doesn't matter which way you look at it.

Nick do you think you get much out of using the belt given your squat technique?

They are training by ProRaw rules mate
Ahhh, thats fair enough then.
225kg with wraps and a belt is still an awesome lift, doesn't matter which way you look at it.
Please show me where I said it wasn't an impressive lift? I don't understand how your brain came to the conclusion that I was being negative? I was genuinely just asking about the equipment being used. I don't want anyone to think I was being negative because I wasn't. I know how heavy a 200kg squat feels, 225kg would probably smash me.

225kg isn't an equal PB, it's a PB, because last time I think he lifted 225kg at 109-110kg, not 107kg

Nah Morgan I didn't think you were, I was just saying that with wraps and a belt, its a great lift..

I suppose I should explain

PTC comps allowed no equipment, so that's how we trained

CAPO allowed belts, so that's how some trained

ProRaw allows belts and wraps, so that's how we train

Nick is working on a néw squat technique, he has 3 months to fine tune

Spiros seldom hits depth in the gym, he got 12 whites at Nats, perfect on all 4 attempts

Gareth pulled 220kg tonight, a PB.

Gareth always pulls with his squat shoes on. He uses the same stance for both lifts, and definitely pulls more with them on. He weighs around 85kg I think.

wow, i was just youtubing 180kg squat videos to give me some inspiration, and i came across this:

[YOUTUBE]lcqYwoNsapU[/YOUTUBE]

wow, 2 years ago! Max is still a lil kid in that video.
where's Jovi now?

Jovi was not training on any Olympic program I know of. He was not very strong on any OL, just a pretty good squatter.

After he stopped lifting at PTC he continued to lift at FF for awhile, now I think he is studying, I heard he is going to the States for work.

Rory benched 115kg tonight, thats a 40kg gain in 5 months.

He is expected to bench 130kg in January I think. He also deadlifted 180kg x 5 very easily, in good form lol

Dave and Alen have started their comp training, both aiming for a 220kg squat at ProRawOne. They both squatted 120kg x 12 x 5 sets tonight. Dim did 90kg x 12 x 5 sets.

Jack started around 4 months ago. He struggled to bench 40kg x 5. Tonight he did 85kg x 5 x 5

You using the template Adam posted for Dave and alen?

What's max doing for training ATM?