• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

PTC version 2.0

That's some dedication from Harvey. I wouldn't travel that far for regular training!

That 137.5kg attempt is nowhere near depth though. About 2 inches above parallel. But he'll get it next time for sure :)

Max is only weighing 75kg at the moment.

Harvey, being a typical Asian, usually squats too deep. He smashed his 130kg PB but I think the extra weight phsyched him out a bit.

We do PPP for bench, but twice a week, with lots of assistance work, but the deadlifts will pretty much look like Ed's.

Are you saying you do bench twice per week by PPP or is the 2nd bench day a speed day or something similiar?

Markos,

I know its a few pages back but you mentioned you picked up some more Ivankos. Where these new? Struggling to locate down under.

Edit: Just noticed ABB sell them. Guessing your source?

Last edited:
I should mention a couple of 16yo kids, Michael and Jesse. Michael trains for football and Jesse for basketball.

Michael weighs 68kg, he squats 120kg, benches 85kg and deadlifts 160kg.

Jesse weighs 64kg, he squats 130kg, benches 75kg and deadlifts 160kg.

Both boys squat ATG and train together, they also go to school together, Max trains them both. They have around 6 months total training behind them, three times a week.

Rory deadlifted 220kg PB
Gareth MP 87.5kg @ 85kg bw PB
Dave MP 82.5kg PB
Pierre deadlifted 190kg PB
Khan PP 100kg @ 98kg PB
Khan deadlifted 182.5kg PB
Rylie deadlifted 180kg PB
Jack deadlifted 170kg PB

Alen, Dave and Dim all did week one of there deadlift program

Big Gawain will be lifting at PTC again on Monday, I think he's squatting

His little sister is still in Europe somewhere

Markos, why do you have your lifters take such a narrow grip in the bench? even nick's grip is narrow...

Everyone has a different grip. None are extremely wide though.

I don't choose lifters grip width, its a personal preference

I used a thumb spacing from the knurling, worked fine for me

im doing a smilar program with my squats now markos.. much lower volume in terms of actually squatting sets and reps.. lots of 3x3 etc or 5x3 but im doig HEAPS of assistance work like 50-60 reps of leg press, jump squats, box squats.
I think alan and the other guys who are squatting 180 or close to raw will easily complete that 210/220 program with wraps.

Here is a video of Gareth doing a 247kg Trap Bar dead.

Gareth will compete in ProRawOne and be very competitive. He'll go well over 500kg in the 80kg class.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmrFH83lUDM]YouTube - IMG 01011[/ame]

I've had a few new members join up recently.

Justin started tonight. He has been training alone in his carport. His PB's were squat 150kg, bench 110kg and deadlift 205kg.

I got him to squat, 140kg saw him leaning over too far and hips rising quick, so we stopped there.

We made a few adjustments to his deadlift during warm ups. He pulled a stupidly easy 210kg, so easy we in fact jumped to 230kg. He was obviously getting tired by then, but he gave it a good shot

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtAy0XB6Msk]YouTube - IMG 00991[/ame]

He's in the 90's

We closed his stance and narrowed his grip. This had him sitting more upright so he could use his legs more to initiate the drive. As you can see, it came off the ground quite easily, but he'd never handled such weights so his lockout was found wanting.

He's decided to train 3 x week at PTC.

Tonight Brittany had a crack at some big lifts.

She hadnt really pushed her max for awhile.

Tonight she squatted 85kg, benched 62.5kg and deadlifted 142.5kg, all PB's.
She had a little more in the squat, none in the bench and a bit more in the dead.

The 142.5kg deadlift is a gym record for any girl, done without a belt by a 20yo

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6IIb3XvFWg[/ame]

Last edited: