• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Ptc ppp

Hey Markos

lve been doing the program for about 4 weeks now, all is good, but l wanted to ask you a question aboutthe accessory exercises.
l wanted to know if you could tell me a basic template of rep ranges, weights and sets to work on progressing and getting stronger in these lifts, because usally l just try to add a tiny amount of weight each week and try to do the same amount of reps with the heavier weight as i did with the lighter weight this week, but sooner or later you cant progress any more and just get stuck on that weight!.
Any help would be appreciated thanks!

but sooner or later you cant progress any more and just get stuck on that weight!

Up your calories. Everyone tries to add weight each session, but how many up their cals every week?

Last edited:
once you get stuck, either drop the weights 5-10 kg and work back up or change assistance exercises, or change the exercises slightly. e.g bb press the db press. same with rows. and for chins you could change hand placement.

Great advice. Simply change the assistance work every single workout, I like reps in the 8-12 range, except for CGBP where 5 work well. Rack pulls are great in 3's as are box squats.

PPP updates.

Tonight Dim squatted 135kg - PB up by 5kg
Alen squatted 175kg - PB up by 7.5kg
Max benched 110kg - PB up by 5kg
Daryl benched 110kg - PB up by 5kg

None of these boys have gone beyond week 5, and these lifts werent maxes, just first attempts for the up coming comp.

Did front squats hammer anybody elses ab's/obliques when they started doing them?
I did 75x8 for 3 sets last night and my abs are drilling.............

Just want to put this out there

The 1st 2 weeks smashed me pretty hard with deadlifts, just never deadlifted that kind of volume before and i was thinking about dropping my goal.
But week 3 deadlift workout was easier as the volume went down.
So if your like me and only deadlifted 3x3 or 1x5 prio to PPP then just keep battling through

haha glad its not just me :)

M, im only up to week 3 on my squat cycle. For assistance - front squats - do you like more weight, less reps or less weight more reps?

Cheers.

I felt my abs getting worked hard with front squats initially (up to about 90kg) but not anymore. I think my shoulders & chest get a better work out from it, trying to keep my torso upright.

I prefer less reps (3 or less) and heavier weights. The fsquat rack position means that the bar almost chokes you, so it's uncomfortable to do higher reps. Usually I do 3x3, or 3, 2, 1 with increasing weights.

I know someone who tried to do a 20 rep breathing front squat. He said it was the worst day of his life. :D

Sticky, Where do you usually fail a squat?
Front squats are good for someone who leans forward alot.
If its at the bottom box squats, and pin squats for someone at the top.
Tonight I did de-load band squats.

IF I fail :p
Nah, I fail about 2" up from ATG. I love front squats though, they are helping with my P/C.
Oh, and I don't lean forward.
Posted via Mobile Device

nice to speak to you on the phone today markos :)
Very helpful advice gonna stick with this one and see how i go. The change of pace and program is getting me motivated again!!

I basically did this program because of what I percieved as a flaw in most programs.

The problems arent so uch the programs, its the end user.

There are far too many variables.

attitude, atmosphere, work commitments.

Everyone wants to be stronger, but some people work 2-3 jobs, others train with muppets around them.

This program eliminates items that can be influenced by others.

every single weight, rep and set is pre laid out. No thinking, just do it. You will end up stronger, its a given. The only way you can end up weaker is by not following it and making up excuses.

there will be days when you cant do the assistance exercises. Doesnt matter, just do 5 sets of the base lift. You can actually do that in 15-20 minutes. So if you've had a shit day at work, 20 minutes lifting heavy weights and your done.

Guys at ns.com are going great on it, lifters from PTC are killing it, and going through journals here shows that everyone is progressing well.

I knew it would work if people stick to the principles, but I must admit there are quite a few who have done even better than I thought.

One guy is Simmo, his lifts pre PPP were ordinary, so ordinary I really cant recall them exactly, something like 130/80/160.

Six weeks in he's at 160/107.5/210.

That shits f u c k e d up.

He's had to keep resetting his goal weight.

All along he has dropped over 9kg in bodyweight

One guy is Simmo, his lifts pre PPP were ordinary, so ordinary I really cant recall them exactly, something like 130/80/160.

Six weeks in he's at 160/107.5/210.

That shits f u c k e d up.

He's had to keep resetting his goal weight.

All along he has dropped over 9kg in bodyweight

That's an amazing progress!

Btw does he do some new 1RM tests because of the CAPO comp, or do your lifters on PPP test their 1RMs every now & then while on the 11 weeks cycle?