• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Ptc ppp

Thats just it, its not a 1RM, they are simply the new weights done that week, he hits a PB each session lol

He's not competing

Okay, I've just walked in from the gym, I had Simmo and Dave squatting.

Dave was going to do an opener as he's competing. He just smashed 180kg.

So Simmo wants to test his 1RM. He makes 170kg easily.

He then smashes 180kg easier than Dave did.

I dont feel I'm charging enough for this program lol

Hey PTC after are phone convo i did the rows going to my belly button .. Seem to have hit the lower back and lats more in a different way.. /thumbsup

Actually heres a question. Markos has mentioned week 4/5 being the hardest. Just Say i do get through it with no issues and more than 50% left in the tank.

Do i -

1. Continue the other 5 weeks?
2. And how much more should i be aiming for next cycle say if im currenlty on the 100kg bench cycle for e.g Should i be aiming for 120 or 130kg?

BTW i know the first 1-2 weeks are easy but just asking beforehand

cheers

Last edited:
Quite a few of my lifters have switched up. Its hard to calculate exactly if you havent done much 1RM work before.

Say you are on the 120kg bench program, and you smoke week 4 easily, next week do week 5 of 130kg and see how you go.

One guy returning from injury had to up every one of his original goals.

There are no rules saying you cant move up mid program.

Its not possible to get weaker doing this program, the weights are always moving in the right direction.

OK thanks PTC.. yeah i havent ever done any 1rpm work before so still new to this. Ill revisit this once i hit week 4/5.

At the end of the day for myself this is a real swicth up to get me out of the rut i was in for the last 1-1.5 years.

Hey PTC after are phone convo i did the rows going to my belly button .. Seem to have hit the lower back and lats more in a different way.. /thumbsup

I have always done rows to just below my pecs, im going to try this as i really want them to hit my lats. Thanks for posting that up hehe!

Elbows should move back, not straight up, as I discussed with Ceff on the phone today.

It will also take some load off your lower back.

Same goes with DB row, most pull it straight up, you should finish with the DB at your hip.

Looks like the program is working, 12 of 16 lifters just set National powerlifting records, and smashed PB's.

Max just totalled 20kg more than he did 4 weeks ago, 487.5kg, then hit a 215kg deadlift for a new National record. In fact, he pulled 200kg/207.5kg/212.5kg/215kg in succession. This was 6 hours after he started lifting for the day, not during a 1 hour gym session where you pull fresh. Comp lifts are much, much tougher than gym lifts.

Kelly has missed 250kg on every attempt for 6 months. He started PPP around 7 weeks ago, today he pulled 255kg @ 79kg to smash the National Deadlift Record by 10kg.

Thats a long way over triple bodyweight deadlift.

The guys all reset their start weights and start again at week 1 heading into the Nats, 13 weeks away

Looks like the program is working, 12 of 16 lifters just set National powerlifting records, and smashed PB's.

Max just totalled 20kg more than he did 4 weeks ago, 487.5kg, then hit a 215kg deadlift for a new National record. In fact, he pulled 200kg/207.5kg/212.5kg/215kg in succession. This was 6 hours after he started lifting for the day, not during a 1 hour gym session where you pull fresh. Comp lifts are much, much tougher than gym lifts.

Kelly has missed 250kg on every attempt for 6 months. He started PPP around 7 weeks ago, today he pulled 255kg @ 79kg to smash the National Deadlift Record by 10kg.

Thats a long way over triple bodyweight deadlift.

The guys all reset their start weights and start again at week 1 heading into the Nats, 13 weeks away

255kg @ 79kg

wow... :eek:

He honestly had 260kg in him, but he had no more attempts left. Having never made 250kg before, and missing it so often, he really wanted at the comp, so he set up for it as his 3rd attempt.

The whole crowd was screaming, the announcer was bellowing, he really had no choice but to make it. Kelly looked surprised at how easy it went up.

He took a safe 255kg for his fourth, pushing the record out by an extra 10kg.

He honestly had 260kg in him, but he had no more attempts left. Having never made 250kg before, and missing it so often, he really wanted at the comp, so he set up for it as his 3rd attempt.

The whole crowd was screaming, the announcer was bellowing, he really had no choice but to make it. Kelly looked surprised at how easy it went up.

He took a safe 255kg for his fourth, pushing the record out by an extra 10kg.

Thats amazing, lucky he decided to come to you and not pick a PT from fitness first with his 6week certificate hahaha