• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Ptc ppp

I also have the bench specialization ready. It will be tested at PTC by those that train 4 times a week only.

If succesful I will release it, if not I will make adjustments.

Do we have to pay for the bench program if we've bought PPP?

I'd pay for it, personally. Want it yesterday!

Can't wait for that bench program, cos my bench press stinks, and my mates won't listen to me to train properly until I bench more than they do :p (all my other lifts flatten theirs).

I'm starting PPP next week, after I'm done with testing my 1RMs this week.

How likely is it to be able to keep doing 20+kg to your deadlift every cycle?
I assume at 250-260kg you'll have to start thinking about only progressing 10kg at a time.
Im doing 240 now, my previous pb was 220kg. at the end of this cycle ill see how i feel, im 2 weeks in and going strong. i'd love to be pulling 6 plates in 20ish weeks but i know all about diminishing returns

If i do 260kg by the end of this year then ill be doing 300kg by the end of 2011
It would be pretty rare for a guy to be pulling 300kg with only 2.5 years of actual training, my gym owner reckons he took 10 years to reach 300kg and he has the best pull that i know of in Australia (372.5)
I can barely imagine myself in 10 years time lol

Id love to ginnea pig the bench routine, I should peak at my current cycle in a few weeks, so will be starting again at the end of may.

The stronger you get, the smaller the jumps. I think once your pulling over 250kg, a 10kg increase every 11 weeks is special, at that rate, you could pull 290kg in a year.

Very, very few people will ever pull 290kg raw or equipped. I'd even settle for 5kg jumps to be honest.

As far as selling the bench program goes, I've decided to turn PTC into a charity, I'm tired of it being a gym.

Send me your address amac38, then go wait by the mailbox, I'll send it to you I promise.

While the program is written and ready to be tested, I cant with a clear conscience release it without being tested, even if it will only cost $20.

I'd also rather test it in house. I like to see how the lifter goes with my own eyes.

I'm not much of a cowboy with things like this, one f u c k up and I can do permanent damage to PTC brand.

I'll actually be able to tell within 3 weeks of testing, 6 sessions, testing will start in 2 weeks today.

What I want is squat Monday, bench Wednesday, deadlift Friday and bench Saturday.

This is ideal, obviously variations can be done, but I want it tested correctly.

Max, Alen, Dim, Dave and Nick will be the original guinea pigs.

They bench
105kg@75
120kg@85
100kg@71
107.5kg@102
150kg@110

I'll see if Nina and Annie want to try it.

Sounds good. My bench is nowhere near where it needs to be.

Trofius you should not be doing a special bench program. You bench more than u squat, you need to fix your squat. You're heading for an injury.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sounds good. My bench is nowhere near where it needs to be.

Trofius you should not be doing a special bench program. You bench more than u squat, you need to fix your squat. You're heading for an injury.
Posted via Mobile Device

Holy **** thats amazing! pics of said chest and quads :p

Nick is right though there is alot of imbalance going on there... For your own sake maybe cut back on becnch and squat squat squat

In regards to Trofius' lifts, here is a constructive observation.

He MP 65kg and only increases that to 75kg via a PP.

Because of his weakness through his lower body and core, he cant transfer power through his body. This is what will lead to an injury.He cant clean what he PP, he obviously takes it from the rack.

I wrote a good piece on that in my last newsletter actually

Most of the strong guys I train move an extra 30kg from PP to MP.

Its not just squats he needs to work on, its his entire posterior chain.

Not so much for balance, mainly for health in the long run.

Also, lets not assume that he is not trying to correct the situation either.

How likely is it to be able to keep doing 20+kg to your deadlift every cycle?
I assume at 250-260kg you'll have to start thinking about only progressing 10kg at a time.
Im doing 240 now, my previous pb was 220kg. at the end of this cycle ill see how i feel, im 2 weeks in and going strong. i'd love to be pulling 6 plates in 20ish weeks but i know all about diminishing returns

If i do 260kg by the end of this year then ill be doing 300kg by the end of 2011
It would be pretty rare for a guy to be pulling 300kg with only 2.5 years of actual training, my gym owner reckons he took 10 years to reach 300kg and he has the best pull that i know of in Australia (372.5)
I can barely imagine myself in 10 years time lol

Whats this guys name?

That is national record territory.

Firstly sorry that Marcos' thread has focused on me I have replied to marcos' accurate comments in my journal, as a more appropriate place.

NOobs there are recent pics in the members pics page.

NIck , I know I know, i know...

I only made the comment about the bench program, As I think I am getting to a point were gains are dropping off, also that I am comfortable benching and could offer some feed back on it. I never just wanted it for shits and giggles.

I understand your desire to keep it inhouse, and a watchfull eye, is worth so much more than simple feed back.

Billy did 360kg @ 110kg and 365kg @ 125kg. They are the biggest deadlifts ever in CAPO.

Adam Coe did 355kg @ 100kg.

Over in PA they have nothing close.

My brother deadlifted 300kg with only a belt @ 99kg in 1991.

In competition he never had to pull more than 265kg, he only ever pulled what he needed to win. He held the Australian Drug Free record for awhile, and he did it raw.

Yep, he is the owner, I have no record of his other lifts though, it seems his pull is as good as it gets in Australia.

His lifts were done in the early 2000's

yeah that would be billy from elite.. hes pretty huge. he owns elite.

i trained at elite for a couple weeks before powersports opened up. if powersports wasnt open id train there. there trainers there most of them lift so they actually look liek they know what they talking about. unlike most pts who have never done much lifting.

Elite is a great place.

Billy used to hold the record but Derek Boyer pulled 380 last yr to break - I think Billy may be going for the record again this yr - would be good to see!

Elite is a great place.

Billy used to hold the record but Derek Boyer pulled 380 last yr to break - I think Billy may be going for the record again this yr - would be good to see!

ill have to tell Billy to rub of the "aus record" next to his lift on the elite physique records board then hehehe
He tried to get 375 up back in 2008, but couldnt lock it out

Elite is having a "Battle of the Gyms" powerlifting event on the june 10th i think.

ill have to tell Billy to rub of the "aus record" next to his lift on the elite physique records board then hehehe
He tried to get 375 up back in 2008, but couldnt lock it out

Elite is having a "Battle of the Gyms" powerlifting event on the june 10th i think.

It would be a aussie record in his weight div mate - I think he was in the 110's/120's where as Derek boyer in like 140-140+ div - they are just chasing the biggest ever deadlift in Australia - not counting div's.

Billy is one of the best ever lifters in Australia - very impressive guy!