• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

PTC Gold Coast - What's happening

Lots of good squatting happened last night.

Taz and Josiah both worked up to 177.5kg.

Mitch is getting better and better at squats.

Dave and Shane worked up to 120kg.

I hit 230kg.

Was a great night.

Last week was the heaviest week of training for those of us heading to nationals. We will test our planned openers and seconds this week. Everyone seems to be travelling really well bar Mike H. Mike took a bash to the knee at a concert 2 weeks ago and hasn't been able to squat or deadlift heavy since, but should be ok to test this week.

Here are some videos from last week:

[youtube]KSCiu_5KRHg[/youtube]

[youtube]AyHafIgTH-Y[/youtube]

Been a big week with TJ, Josiah, Mike and myself testing openers and seconds for states and Marcus, Mitch, Taz and Elise testing their maxes.

TJ went 122.5/75/120. She tested after being a little ill and on no sleep
Josiah went 212.5/135/230 for a 20kg PB on squats. We loaded it to 220, which he would have got, but he called it because his glute didn't feel right.
Mike went 147.5/97.5/170 for a 5kg PB on squats and bench
Taz went 190/125/215 for a 5kg bench PB and 15kg PB on deadlifts. He actually missed 215 3 times. Then dropped back to 205 about 20 minutes later wanting at least a pb on deadlifts, then nailed the 215.
Elise went 85/55/100. She got a 95 squat using a belt for the first time, but it was high.
I went 230/160/270. The day before I was crippled with food poisoning. I still had the runs real bad on the day, but couldn't get past the excitement of testing.
Mitch went 130/77.5/160 for a 30kg PB on squats and 2.5 on bench
Marcus went 150/87.5/180 for a 25kg PB on squats and a massive 40kg PB.

A really great effort by all. Nationals is going to be unreal.

New shirts arrived today. They came out really good.

If anyone wants to buy one, PM me or flick me an email (thomas@ptcgoldcoast.com). Or let me know tonight and I can bring them to nationals with me.

25 each and I can post anywhere in Aus for $5.

10602_187680358057751_98119029_n.jpg

Here's a quick wrap-up of how the PTC Gold Coast team went at nats:

TJ went 127.5/72.5/135 @62.7, setting new world records in the squat, bench and total (Junior women, 67.5kg).

Mike went 152.5/95/182.5 @69.9, setting new national records in the squat, dead and total (teenage men 18-19, 75kg).

Josiah went 232.5/145/240 @96.1. Jos had a fantastic meet, going 9/9, breaking PBs on all 3 lifts.

I went 250/157.5/267.5 @98.1.

We had a fantastic time. Best competition I have ever been to.

Heaps has been going on since nationals. We have a bunch of new members who are already training away hard.

Taz is training leading up to PTC Brisbane's Bust a nut III on July 20. He's hoping to squat 200.

Mike is having a couple of weeks off due to some minor surgery. We wish him a speedy recovery.

Josiah is doing 7 weeks of training leading into the proraw qualifier here on August 18.

I'm training for worlds.

Everyone else is making heaps of progress and breaking PBs.

This weekend is the novice push/pull comp, which should be heaps of fun.

Heaps happening as always. A group of the new guys are training hard and are testing their maxes in 2 weeks time.

Last weekend Taz competed at PTC Brisbane's annual Bust a Nut competition. He went 190/130/210 @89. We've taken his squat back to the drawing board and added some wraps. I've been wanting to do this for a while but things kept getting in the way. Now his squat is looking way better.

Harrsion tested his maxes the other day. He hit 120/107.5/170 for a 10/10/5 PB. He had taken a few months of squatting due to a niggling injury, so it's good to see him back at it.

Josiah is training hard leading into the proraw qualifier/novice comp in 3 weeks time.

I'm still busting my hump for worlds.

[youtube]XnHD8yENHKk[/youtube]

[youtube]fir3ODOJK[/youtube]

We have a number of new female lifters with us now that are progressing really well.

Elise (my wife) has now been training with us for 3 or 4 weeks.
Maria has been training with us for about 5 weeks.
Mel started with us last night.

All of them are brand new to lifting and are as keen as mustard.

Last night Mike and myself hit some heavy bench singles. Mike hit 100kg for a 2.5kg PB. I hit 170kg for a 10kg PB.

[youtube]TT3-o3z5G_g[/youtube]

Junior, Sam and Lewis tested their maxes this week. All 3 guys have only been training for 5 weeks at PTC.

Lewis went 167.5/105/207.5 for 17.5/5/7.5kg PBs

Sam went 122.5/70/140 for 22.5/10/40kg PBs

Junior went 180/127.5/215 for 40/17.5/45kg PBs. Prior to Juniors first session, he had never done a deadlift in his life.

Reg is a guy I've been doing online coaching for. He came in and hit 145/97.5/190. Up from 120/80/140 8 weeks ago.

Everyone else is working hard as usual.

AJ came in for his first session tonight. After fixing his really bad squat form, he worked up to an easy 200. Didn't go too heavy on bench, but he's chasing 230... I'll leave it at that. He wanted to deadlift something heavy, so we worked up to 285. That was too easy so we threw on 300.

Needless to say, we're really excited to see what he's going to achieve in his first comp!

[youtube]Ogk_TSelpHw[/youtube]

Big night tonight with lots of heavy lifting.

Taz hit 1 x 3 and 3 x 2 at 195kg (in wraps). His best ever squat before tonight was 190 (unwrapped).

Mike hit 3 x 1 at 152.5kg. His best ever squat is 152.5. Both guys are doing the GPC Spring Cup.

AJ came in and officially joined tonight. He worked up to some heavy sets of squats. Then moved onto bench and hit 160 and 180 for a number of reps and sets, practicing the pauses and calls for the first time. He still needs a lot of technique work on all his lifts, but he is really strong.

I squatted 255 for a double. My hip was really bad tonight so I had to bring my stance in. My best squat before tonight was 250.

[youtube]XKpNTf52zDI[/youtube]

Mike and Taz competed at the Spring Cup on Saturday.

Mike went 160/100/195 going 8/9 missing a 3rd bench of 105.
Taz went 200/130/220 going 7/9 missing a 210 squat and 135 bench. His deadlifts went really well. He ended up pulling 230 backstage afterwards.

[youtube]urqEL7SFZFc[/youtube]

Everybody's training hard here.

Marcus and AJ are both testing maxes next week.
The girls are flying ahead. We have a new girl, Lauren. She's got a good strength base so it will be awesome to see her progress.
I tested my openers and seconds for worlds the other day and ended up with 267.5/170/277.5. The deadlift was slow, but I figure I will be eating on the day and jacked up on caffeine.

[youtube]sKotYvcoH4o[/youtube]